Not open for further replies.

rootuid

Just saw this announcement today

"We are extremely happy to announce the release of RadarBox24.com

Visit the new website site at:
RadarBox24.com - Pure ADS-B Flight Tracker

Feature list:
- Fully featured web based flight tracker
- Professional aviation layers including airspace boundaries, NAT tracks and navigation aids
- Full search functionality: search for a flight, city or airport
- Position estimates over remote oceanic areas
- Possibility of saving your favorite locations
- Continuous network growth thanks to new RadarBox receivers being daily all over the world
- Aircraft photos and data source information
- Real-time departure/arrival ticker
- Detailed data source information

With RadarBox24.com the data you see is the same used by major airlines, airports and other professional customers. Unlike with other online flight trackers, RadarBox24 doesn't have data inconsistencies caused from volunteer data feeders using external unreliable hardware and software / all data comes from RadarBox receivers and, in parts of the US/Atlantic/Pacific, directly from the FAA Radar System.

Note that RadarBox24.com is being released in Beta mode, which means errors/bugs might exist.

We have our development team ready for your feedback.
Don't forget to click the Facebook LIKE button on the lower left corner of the screen to let your friends know about RadarBox24.com"

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I can't post in their forum there so I'll ask here... What are the colors and icon differences about? Is this 5-min delayed info? Looks nice but a little confused on what it all means and I can't find an explainer.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Green icon = FAA ASDI Data (5-min delayed info)
Yellow icon = ADS-B Data (Close to live data... check map and look outside towards the sky)
Flight No: BLOCKED = Blocked FAA ASDI Data. (It wont give you the tail number registration.

FlightRadar24.com and Planefinder.net gives you more options to play with. so these sites are little better to use...

Last edited:

mdulrich

Feed Provider
I would assume the data on both sites is delayed by a few minutes

It depends. If you are looking at flights from the people who are sharing their ADS-B receiver data, the data is near realtime. It is close enough that you can look up and identify planes flying over your location. In flightradar24.com the live ADS-B data is shown by a bright yellow plane and you can turn off the delayed FAA supplied data in 'Settings'. In planefinder.net the live ADS-B data is shown by a darker red plane and it doesn't appear that you can turn off the delayed FAA data. I've noticed that the delay of the FAA data is a little more delayed with planefinder.net.

Mike

rootuid

It depends. If you are looking at flights from the people who are sharing their ADS-B receiver data, the data is near realtime. It is close enough that you can look up and identify planes flying over your location. In flightradar24.com the live ADS-B data is shown by a bright yellow plane and you can turn off the delayed FAA supplied data in 'Settings'. In planefinder.net the live ADS-B data is shown by a darker red plane and it doesn't appear that you can turn off the delayed FAA data. I've noticed that the delay of the FAA data is a little more delayed with planefinder.net.

Mike
Exactally as mike said. For the Radarbox24 website data coming from the FAA (green aircraft label) is 5 minutes delayed and ADS-D Data is real-time (yellow aircraft label).

Last edited:

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Nice ! I was just able to watch our local police helicopter flying around and reacting to calls, albeit about 5 minutes behind, but it was still cool to watch it do what the pilot said she was doing.

Thanks,

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
In planefinder.net the live ADS-B data is shown by a darker red plane and it doesn't appear that you can turn off the delayed FAA data.

Mike

Hi Mike and all,

You can turn off the FAA delayed data in planefinder.net. Here's how:

1. Click the Map Options button in the upper right corner.
2. Select the Map tab.
3. Halfway down under Display Options, un-check Show Scheduled Flights.

That's it.

Hope this helps.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Now that Radarbox24.com is out, what would be the benefit to subscribe to the Radarbox Network?

Status
Not open for further replies.