ACARSD Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

btlacer

KI4SJU/ Fire Captain/ EMTFR
Hi everyone, I was just now able to get ACARSD to work on my computer but now I want to be able to plot the planes on a map as they transmit. I have no idea how to do this can someone help? I have no idea how to make a map. I would like the map to be 400 miles in all directions. My cord. is 37.810738, -87.609870

Thanks so much!!!!

Beau

majoco

Stirrer
No, I had a play yesterday evening. Google Earth is easier. You'll need a graphics program like Irfanview.
Go to your home area in Google Maps. Put the pointer over your location and write down the geographical co-ordinates at the bottom of the screen. Remove all the names, roads etc as they just clutter things up. Expand the map to cover the area you want. Move the pointer to the top of the map and write down the co-ordinates, repeat for left, right and bottom.
Press "CTRL + Print Screen". Open Irfanview and press "CTRL V". Click and hold your mouse at the very top left of your map and drag across to the bottom right corner - you should have a square on your map. Click on Edit and select "Crop Selection" then "Files - Save as" and save it as "Card-1.GIF"

Open Acarsd and click on the Map button - proceed under 'define map settings' and put down those co-ordinates in the first column only, just the North for the top and bottom and the Wests for the left and right - just two decimal places is good enough. Enter West as a negative number. Put in your home location. Press save and it will prompt you for a file name - browse to your Acars directory and press save. Click on 'Maps" and see if it works. You may have to adjust your home location as it is often out due to non-linearities in the map.

btlacer

KI4SJU/ Fire Captain/ EMTFR
Where do you upload the picture of the map? I defined the cords. for the map I made but not sure how to input the map into ACARSD.

majoco

Stirrer
You save your map file as "card-1.gif" in the acarsd folder. Then when you click on "Maps" it should come up as the map. If it doesn't show your home location as the push pin you've got something wrong!
Don't despair - been there - done that! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.