ACARS List

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to find a full list of what the scrambled messages mean. I am using planeplotter, and I looked at the tutorial for "understanding ACARS messages" I do see some of the interpertation but am does not show them all eg. Q0,B9, 54 etc. I have a few that came up like SA, 15, 4R. This is all under message type, so I am just wondering what they mean, or if someone can direct me to a full list of what the "message type" means. Thanks!!

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Also some other ones are 11, 31, 5V, I have figured out what 15 is, seems to be when they TX they location.

D

DaveNF2G

What the abbreviated (not scrambled) messages mean depends on the message type. ARINC is not too free with that sort of info and I've never seen anyone who claims to have figured out all of the possible combinations.

I just did a search on "ACARS message types" and solid information is still hard to find. (Ignore the PPRUNE.org forums - the people in there really don't know what they are talking about.)

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
What the abbreviated (not scrambled) messages mean depends on the message type. ARINC is not too free with that sort of info and I've never seen anyone who claims to have figured out all of the possible combinations.

I just did a search on "ACARS message types" and solid information is still hard to find. (Ignore the PPRUNE.org forums - the people in there really don't know what they are talking about.)

Ok No problems thanks Dave!! Actually what Open-sky provided above is what I was after, Thanks for the tidbit thou, every little bit helps :) especially when I am a newcomer "noob" to this side of the hobby :)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You can update the wiki, although the underscore in your name might cause issues. See Lindsay about that....Mike

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There is no user by the name "Your_account". Check your spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.