Ground Testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi,

I watched rtl1090 all day long and noticed ADF995 TEST1234. I did some searching and found that there are several sites with the USA that have similar to but not quite ADF995 ICAO and several TEST12345. Same ICAO all day long. I thought I saw this yesterday. Beyond my knowledge what's going on with that. See Image. I have it labeled in yellow. Currently Airborne Military Aircraft – ADS-B Exchange

Attachments

• adf995.jpg
    adf995.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 608

kma371

QRT
It's my understanding that these are ground radar stations for TIS-B reports. Others may have additional info

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I came looking for this answer also. The 2 I saw came back to airports based on the lat long. One was definitely Newark intl and the other was JFK I think.

TEST1234 ADF995 GND Military United States No 51.73 mi
TEST1234 ADFBDE GND Military United States No 31.51 mi

kma371

QRT
I came looking for this answer also. The 2 I saw came back to airports based on the lat long. One was definitely Newark intl and the other was JFK I think.

TEST1234 ADF995 GND Military United States No 51.73 mi
TEST1234 ADFBDE GND Military United States No 31.51 mi

Be careful with some of the locations. They may be used at Newark, but the same ICAO24 addresses are used at multiple locations. For example, if you look up both of those on airframes.org, someone added locations to them which makes it appear it is only used at that one location. ADF995 is also used in the San Francisco bay area. ADFBDE is listed as Philly, but I've also see that ID in the San Francisco area as well.

I've yet to see one with actual GPS coordinates however.

n2jtx

Be careful with some of the locations. They may be used at Newark, but the same ICAO24 addresses are used at multiple locations. For example, if you look up both of those on airframes.org, someone added locations to them which makes it appear it is only used at that one location. ADF995 is also used in the San Francisco bay area. ADFBDE is listed as Philly, but I've also see that ID in the San Francisco area as well.

I've yet to see one with actual GPS coordinates however.
I am seeing ADFBDE with an ID of TEST1234 at JFK in New York City. Came across this thread trying figure out what the heck it is. It behaves like some kind of vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.