VRS and MilAirComms1090

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Hey Guys & Ladies,

I just put my live feed back online and I can not get VRS to work with MilAirComms1090. In VRS do I need to put the IP address as 127.0.0.1 and click on push feed or leave it blank? When I type in my home location coordinates it takes them out. Also last question in airplanes track it shows none..Did I miss something in setup?

Last edited:

n5pwp

Here's how I had mine setup and it worked just fine. Of course, make sure you check the Enabled box.

mike

Attachments

• milaircom and vrs.PNG
    milaircom and vrs.PNG
    12.9 KB · Views: 284

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Here's how I had mine setup and it worked just fine. Of course, make sure you check the Enabled box.

mike

Hello Mike,

I don't have Dump1090 listed on VRS. Yes, I have enable checked not sure what to do now.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I think I got it to work but isn't the data sent box area suppose to move on MilAirComms1090 program cause it's not doing anything but VRS is showing that the MilAirComms1090 program is picking up bytes.

Last edited:

n5pwp

You may have it working now. If you see " Heartbeat Signal Sent to MilAirComms.com Mode-S Server" in the 'Data Sent To Server' field and see "HEARTBEAT RECEIVED For XXXX" you're connected to them. [XXXX will be your member number] Until a military aircraft shows up in your receiver nothing other than the heartbeat will show. I had trouble with getting mine to go again after having my feed shutdown for a while. I forgot that I had to run the MilAirComms 1090 software as admin. I'll keep an eye on my feed. There's a military mail aircraft that usually passes over in the afternoon in my area. I should see something then. Good luck.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
You may have it working now. If you see " Heartbeat Signal Sent to MilAirComms.com Mode-S Server" in the 'Data Sent To Server' field and see "HEARTBEAT RECEIVED For XXXX" you're connected to them. [XXXX will be your member number] Until a military aircraft shows up in your receiver nothing other than the heartbeat will show. I had trouble with getting mine to go again after having my feed shutdown for a while. I forgot that I had to run the MilAirComms 1090 software as admin. I'll keep an eye on my feed. There's a military mail aircraft that usually passes over in the afternoon in my area. I should see something then. Good luck.

Hello Mike,

I finally got it to work finally. Not sure what the issue is or what was causing it not to work. Now I am able to use MilAirComms1090 with VRS. What I had to do is delete the receiver couple of times and re add it and it finally started working. Thank you for you're help! :D

- Jamie

n5pwp

Others have helped me and I just wanted pay it forward. Glad to hear you're up and running. I looked at the live reports up on MilAirComms. Are you the one of the Byron Ga users I saw reported there? It looks like you've got quite the MilAir traffic in your area.

Mike

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Others have helped me and I just wanted pay it forward. Glad to hear you're up and running. I looked at the live reports up on MilAirComms. Are you the one of the Byron Ga users I saw reported there? It looks like you've got quite the MilAir traffic in your area.

Mike

Am glad you helped me with this issue good to see there is still helpful people here on this website/forum still. Yes I'm the gentleman feeding the Byron MilAir traffic. I live about 18 miles away from a major air base in my area and two hours north of Moody and hour south of Dobbins AFB.

Status
Not open for further replies.