AirNav Suite 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izod

Hi all, I'm a little bit of a dilemma here, I purchased and downloaded Airnav Suite 4 and the ACARS decoder from the AIRNAV website a few days ago. The ACARS program insalled without a hitch but I the airnav suite with not install on Windows 7 64. I've tried all the compatability modes without sucess. AIRNAV support has not gave me any support after a bunch of emails. The website claims "Microsoft Windows, any version. Internet Connection" for the suite program. Did I get ripped off? The last patch/update was April 2002, I should have read that a little closer. I'm totally frustrated as they claim it works with ANY version of windows - thats why I bought it. I posted a similar thread on the Airnav forums and it was promptly removed by the moderator.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
That sucks. I wish I had more helpful information but what I do when I need legacy OS support is run XP (or whatever) as a virtual machine via VirtualBox(free) or VMWare($).

N9JIG

Sheriff
If you have Windows7 Pro download the free WindowsXP Mode from Microsoft. This is a virtual OS running within the W7 environment. I have used it several times for various applications that do not work in W7, or worked better in XP.

Specifically to your application, I ran the AirNav RadarBox application in it until they came up with signed 64 bit drivers, it worked great/ Your ACARS application should work fine there as well.

Izod

Airnav Suite 4

WayneH and N9JIG, thanks for the great advice guys :) I ended up going with the VirtualBox open source program, simple setup and user friendly. Luckily I had an unopened XP Home Edition lying around in one of my drawers. Installed it into VirtualBox, fired up Airnav suite 4 and ACARS Decoder and it's working beautifully. By the way I still have gotten no support from AIRNAV themselves and I cant understand why, anyway just want to extend my appreciation to you guys. Thanks

N9JIG

Sheriff
The nice thing about using XP Mode in Windows 7 is that it includes XP for free, no need to use an existing license. In your case it appears not to have been an issue, but for others it might help.

Glad it is working for you!

PS: I have also found that AirNav's support thru their forums is very good. They maintain a strong presence there and most questions are answered quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.