microADS-B IP Receiver Radio Frequency Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Premium Subscriber
I have a microADS-B IP Receiver and have notice RFI Radio-Frequency Interference From 18.180 MHz to*155.5860*MHz* I used 3 different test radios and confirmed that I only get Radio Frequency Interference when the ADSB receiver* in turn on if you can setup one at your office with Plane Plotter or ADSBScope with transferring data. I have tried using Ferrite Core on the power supply and on the Cat5E that has shielded I also tried different power supplies but it did not remove the RFI, I have tested and found the Interference on vertical and horizontal antennas and I also used portable antenna you have to be within 20 to 30 feet of the microADS-B IP receiver just wanted to know if anyone else found RFI on there microADS-B IP?*

Thanks*

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
Can you move the receiver away from the radios? What type of power supply are you using. I know switching power supplies are RFI generators.

qc

Premium Subscriber
Hi, Thanks for the reply

I'm using is Power Supply Super Power Supply AC / DC Adapter Charger Cord 9V 2A (2000mA) Tuning Fork Negative 5.5mm x 2.1mm 5.5x2.1mm FCC Listed Certified Wall Plug

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EA0UEQQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The microADS-B IP Receiver is mounted on the mast at this time

I get the RFI on DBJ-1 VHF-UHF Dual-Band J-Pole Antenna it is about 4 feet away from the microADS-B IP Receiver, I also get the RFI on my G5RV that is about 10 feet away I have also tried using a VX-8r with its stock antenna and I get the RFI on that as well you have to be about 20 to 30 feet way to pick it up RFI

The Radios I’m using are Yaesu FT-897D Funcube Dongle Pro+ Yaesu VX-8R and I get RFI on all of them

I also have tried 8mm USB Data Cable Cylinder EMI Suppressor Ferrite Core Filter on the power supply and on the Shielded Cat5e cable and on the POE Power Over Ethernet Injector but it did not help

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MJUAKN6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

majoco

Stirrer
So disconnect everything except the FT 897, see if the RFI is there (assuming the FT 897 is running from a linear supply), then plug things back on one at at time and see when the noise comes back. Dollar to a donut it's that cheapo Amazon power supply.

qc

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I have tried different power supply for POE on the microADS-B IP Receiver and it did not help

I used a Funcube Dongle Pro+ that uses the Computer USB power and I confirmed the RFI

I also used my Yaesu VX-8R Handheld Radio withy battery pack only and confirmed RFI

I have tried 8mm USB Data Cable Cylinder EMI Suppressor Ferrite Core Filter on the power supply and on the Shielded Cat5e cable and on the POE Power Over Ethernet Injector but it did not help

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.