Plane Watching at KATL

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to ATL for the first time next week. Staying at the Renaissance Hotel, but don't know if I can get an airside room. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to watch planes near the hotel?

SpectrumAnalyzer

Previously Banned Member
Banned
Plane Watching At KATL (Bucket List)

Every plane enthusiast should stay at the Renaissance Concourse Hotel (Which is pretty much on airport property) at least once in their lives, try to get any of the south facing 11th floor rooms with balcony, Always book weeks in advance because any south facing room no matter the floor is premium to experience the worlds busiest airport 24/7, if you dare drive into the airport itself to scan air ops it's best to go to the FBO area where you can pretty much park unhindered otherwise go to an off site Park & Ride lot & take their shuttle to the terminal & make a day of it, don't forget to ride the underground "people mover" which is fun in itself, of course you should have already printed out the KATL frequencies from AirNav please keep in mind that just the terminal areas of this monster cover a massive geographical area so don't even try to do this in one day, to fully appreciate this vastly upgraded & expanded high tech wonder plan to spend at least 2 full days in place, take care, good luck & above all ,have fun.

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport | the official website of ATL Airport

www.cnn.com/2015/03/26/travel/feat-worlds-busiest-airport-2014/

Last edited:

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
South Terminal cell phone lot. When the A380 comes by duck! It's that close. It's on the edge of the 9L runway, which is the longest, so you will see all the heavies. I've spent hours there.

Enjoy the fumes.

shadcall

Having lived in Atlanta for several years and flown out of Hartsfield many times I do not believe you can ride the underground people mover unless you have a ticket/boarding pass after going through security.

Status
Not open for further replies.