United ground operations question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
United Ground Express just took over United ticket ops at KERI. They are licensed for 460.75. So far I can't hear them - only 1/2 mile away. Any ideas?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Do you hear anything on the frequency, such as a loud annoying motorboat sound? If so, post a recording. They could have switched to DMR, in which case you would need a few $20 SDR dongles and DSD+, or one of the new hardware scanners which support DMR, or perhaps a DMR radio.

Also, you could run a band-search on the entire business UHF band, perhaps they're using a new conventional frequency.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Do you hear anything on the frequency, such as a loud annoying motorboat sound? If so, post a recording. They could have switched to DMR, in which case you would need a few $20 SDR dongles and DSD+, or one of the new hardware scanners which support DMR, or perhaps a DMR radio.

Also, you could run a band-search on the entire business UHF band, perhaps they're using a new conventional frequency.

So far I hear nothing. The license for 460.75 was just issued a couple weeks ago. I may be too far away, but I do hear the Delta tix ops loud and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.