Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
0012 est tonite hearing A/A chat in Dutch/German maybe Swedish between 3 pilots on the old 123.450 freq here in Mid Atlantic area.
You never know what you may hear on this freq.
Finally after much foreign chatter an American voice chimes in.. Aw Shut up!
All quiet since..LOL

kmacka

I was just listening to the same thing. Male and female, couldn't understand what they were saying. It then started to get real fuzzy, so I didn't hear anyone tell them off, lol.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Yeah they were talking about Miami in sort of a mish mash German/Dutch with a little English points mixed in.
Probably a couple passing foreign airlines like maybe Lufthansa headed South.
German tourists love Miami for some reason..

Mark
Maryland

Last edited:

k9rzz

In the past, I've heard French, German, Japanese. I like this frequency!

musik28.gif

John K9RZZ

Audiodave1

Database Admin
In the past I have had a great time listening to this freq locally.
By far the best conversations I have heard were while on vacation in northern Saskatchewan (Fishing). Most anytime around the clock you can hear (sometimes even in english!) pilots bantering about anything and everything.

Dave

D

DaveNF2G

A few days ago I heard three different guys in a conversation that sounded like a bunch of truckers on CB channel 19 - southern drawls, CB lingo and all!

mciupa

Yep , usually hear small carrier ,"short hop" pilots discussing what's going on in whichever city they will be flying to. Who they may want to see or
(ahem) hook up with.

senduhelp

I have heard kids playing on this frequency also. They must have gotten a portable or something and were using abusive language. Pretty much you name it, they were doing it. But you guys are right, there is some great listening on this frequency.

rbm

DaveNF2G said:
A few days ago I heard three different guys in a conversation that sounded like a bunch of truckers on CB channel 19 - southern drawls, CB lingo and all!
I started hearing him in the Binghamton area a few weeks ago. He keeps talking about his rubber duck. He seems to be real proud of it.

I have a lot of scanners running here 24/7 and it took me a few minutes to figure out that it was coming out of one of my air band scanners.

He's pretty annoying. I keep hoping he starts flying some in some other area.

Rich

kmacka

I just turned on my pcr-100 and I'm hearing some activity on 123.45. I'm in Scranton, PA area. Some guy is making a girls voice and asking someone if they wanna go out. Seems like there just screwing around on the freq. Is there a chance that someone is on the ground just screwing around with a handheld. Someone else tune in from Northeast PA and listen for yourself.

radio10-8

In the words of Randy Jackson..."A little pitchy there dawg.."
Paula abdul..."Your heart and energy really shine through your head beams.."
Simon Cowell..."That is the worst noise I have ever heard, It was definatetly not singing."

rbm

benjaminarthurt said:
This is a joke right? What an awful singer...
Nope. No joke at all. Just a random clip of that frequency a few minutes before I posted it.

If it weren't for the upload size limitations I would have included more examples of the stuff I hear there daily.

Rich

Note: I don't know if it's just a coincidence but the worst of the noise started when Jet Blue started flying into Binghamton. A number of the people on that frequency have mentioned Jet Blue. (Maybe they had been sitting in the airplane waiting to take off for a few hours.)

Last edited:

rbm

AndrewGS said:
That's good stuff. Is there any allocation for that frequency?
You'll often see it listed as:
123.450 Multicom (air-to-air)

It's also a good frequency to listen to at air shows. Before, during, AND after the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.