RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Alabama Radio Discussion Forum > Alabama Incidents and Breaking News

Alabama Incidents and Breaking News Discussions regarding Alabama Incidents and Breaking News. Discuss these topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 6:46 AM

Default Birmingham police officer shot, killed

Birmingham police officer shot, killed on Bush Boulevard Saturday night | AL.com
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2014, 7:13 AM

Off Duty, out of uniform.

Backed into a guy's motorcycle, got into a dispute, tried to leave (hit and run?), biker shot him.

Hardly worthy of note.
Old 05-11-2014, 7:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
Off Duty, out of uniform.

Backed into a guy's motorcycle, got into a dispute, tried to leave (hit and run?), biker shot him.

Hardly worthy of note.
Claiming this is a hit and run is purely speculation on your part. I'm sure it justifies him getting shot four times.

You're also ignoring the part where this biker is a member of a local biker gang. I'm sure that's unrelated
Old 05-11-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk262 View Post
Claiming this is a hit and run is purely speculation on your part.
Causing an accident and driving away without trading information isn't Hit and Run?

How is the biker's membership in a bike club relevant?
Old 05-11-2014, 1:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

gETTING shot, whether an out of uniform police officer or a biker, envolved in a traffic accident is no reason to be shot. There were witnases, as an officer, he had insurAnce, the bike would have been repaired. The biker attempted to drive off after the shooting, totally "mancho man" attitude was in play. Now as an off duty police officer, was he carrying a fire arm. Did he attempt to draw or show a weapon. If so was it a self defence deal, with the biker not knowing "who" he ws dealng with. There has got to be more to the story.
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2014, 9:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
Causing an accident and driving away without trading information isn't Hit and Run?

How is the biker's membership in a bike club relevant?
You would shoot somebody over a property damage accident only? The bikers membership goes to his state of mind. Would he have shot if he knew it was a police officer? Or did he think it was OK because it was a "civilian"?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Whatever was his motivation, when he goes to prison, his life will be in constant fear. I do not think he will have many friends
Old 05-13-2014, 6:16 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

ok i got to chime in i knew this officer.true the suspect is a biker, the store clerk said that both of them had been in the store before. so i am sure he saw him in uniform.i am 100% sure this officer did the right thing. the fact is that the officer was driving off does not matter. he was"defusing" the situation. the fact of the suspect running after him firing shows this to be premedatative murder. also the officer was not a "rookie officer". was he armed we dont know. thats all i am going to say here