Alabama 10-code list

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiopro52

I've searched the internet for an accurate list of 10-codes that police use for Alabama. I found one but I'm not sure of it's accuracy. For instance, the list I have says that 10-13 means weather and road conditions, but I've heard Decatur police use 10-13 and it had nothing to do with roads or weather. I'm thinking the list I have is out of date. I found on a Madsion county trunking system that the "North Alabama scan page" has an accurate list of 10-codes, with only one error, but I can't find it. Anyone have an accurate list? Thanks.

*EDIT* I did read the thread a little below mine, but it seems to be the same list I currently have. Perhaps there's a seperate list for Morgan county?

Last edited:

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Not every department uses the standard APCO 10 Code list that Alabama DPS uses. Orange beach and Mobile for example use 10 codes but they are way off from the APCO list which throws off most listeners. Best advice is to buddy up with a LEO in that agency and ask for a list. I've done that with several agencies with no problem

jall65

Decatur uses a different 10 code than Morgan County as does Huntsville and Madison County. The smaller departments use the standard 10 code.

Bubbles35053

As others have pointed out, 10-codes can vary from department to department. Most LE agencies will take the APCO Ten Code list and tailor it for their own department, usually they tweak it just a bit although sometimes they'll take a hatchet to it basically coming up w/ there own communication system. Not so good for interagency communications, yet perhaps they feel more secure w/ non LE listening in on their radio traffic??

trace1

Had just typed reply then noticed this post was made in 2008, so nevermind... ;)

Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

• combined 10 codes.pdf
    17.9 KB · Views: 599
  • Decatur Police.pdf
    347.9 KB · Views: 263
Status
Not open for further replies.