RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Alabama Radio Discussion Forum


Alabama Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information for the State of Alabama.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 PM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,220
Default Civil Air Patrol

I just was passed along some GREAT NEW CAP Channels [Narrowband] for Alabama and added them to the WIKI

Take a listen during the NET Nights and post back what you can Confirm in use for us, the wiki continues to grow with USER input
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2009, 1:07 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
I just was passed along some GREAT NEW CAP Channels [Narrowband] for Alabama and added them to the WIKI

Take a listen during the NET Nights and post back what you can Confirm in use for us, the wiki continues to grow with USER input
Thanks from Montgomery BTW Do I need to put em all in?.. I probab;y will anyways lol. My pro 197 even
Never mind I looked closer & se what I Think I need :0

Last edited by AlabamaRS; 10-07-2009 at 1:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2009, 2:25 PM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,220
Default

Unless you want to Alpha Tag by the CTCSS then the NAC, I run them OPEN Tone, so I get both CTCSS and P25 when they use it here in New England.

148.1250 and 148.1500 is all of them so far, until wings start using the simplex channels.



Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaRS View Post
Thanks from Montgomery BTW Do I need to put em all in?.. I probably will anyways lol. My pro 197 even
Never mind I looked closer & see what I Think I need :0
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2009, 3:42 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Russell Co. Ala.
Posts: 191
Default

I know this may be a dumb question but I am going to ask anyway. I kown Auburn, AL. and
Columbus, GA. has a air wing. I am scanning the freq. from the Wiki every day for 2 weeks
between 5 PM and 9 PM EST and have got no hits. Do they TX every day or one day out of the
week or only on the weekend? How long do they TX ( 10 seconds, 30 seconds)?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2009, 5:12 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
Unless you want to Alpha Tag by the CTCSS then the NAC, I run them OPEN Tone, so I get both CTCSS and P25 when they use it here in New England.

148.1250 and 148.1500 is all of them so far, until wings start using the simplex channels.
Thats about the way I did my 197 , thanks again for the info.
Paul

Last edited by AlabamaRS; 10-07-2009 at 6:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2009, 5:16 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejo95 View Post
I know this may be a dumb question but I am going to ask anyway. I kown Auburn, AL. and
Columbus, GA. has a air wing. I am scanning the freq. from the Wiki every day for 2 weeks
between 5 PM and 9 PM EST and have got no hits. Do they TX every day or one day out of the
week or only on the weekend? How long do they TX ( 10 seconds, 30 seconds)?
.
the Wki says for AL AL Wing Mon-Fri 1900 Local , thats 7pm est or cst ?? i don't know I will try 6pm-8pm CST & see starting tonight ( wed)
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2009, 7:15 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,374
Default

WEll I listened at 6pm & 7pm CST & heard nothing at all from Montgomery
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2009, 6:34 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,220
Default

Depends on when your Wing does a NET

I've heard some only do it One night a month, others nightly

Sounds like your wing/squadrons might be very quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejo95 View Post
I know this may be a dumb question but I am going to ask anyway. I kown Auburn, AL. and
Columbus, GA. has a air wing. I am scanning the freq. from the Wiki every day for 2 weeks
between 5 PM and 9 PM EST and have got no hits. Do they TX every day or one day out of the
week or only on the weekend? How long do they TX ( 10 seconds, 30 seconds)?
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2009, 6:35 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,220
Default

Info was found on a Public Web site, and I would assume [not always good] it mean't LOCAL meaning the time Zone of your State

Maybe with the swap-out, they have not issued all the radios back out to the Squadrons in the wing ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaRS View Post
.
the Wki says for AL AL Wing Mon-Fri 1900 Local , thats 7pm est or cst ?? i don't know I will try 6pm-8pm CST & see starting tonight ( wed)
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2009, 9:22 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
Info was found on a Public Web site, and I would assume [not always good] it mean't LOCAL meaning the time Zone of your State

Maybe with the swap-out, they have not issued all the radios back out to the Squadrons in the wing ??
Will keep on listening & report when I hear anything
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions