Need useful freqs for talladega speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice

Hi, I'm looking for sueful frequencies for gettign in and out of Talladega super speedway this weekend. Local police, Highway patrol, parking crew freqs.

I've got a pro-97 and this will be my first race with it so any other advice will be greatly apprecieated. Thanks!
Rice

wwhitby

Feed Provider
I heard that the DPS used to set up a portable EDACS system at Talladega. I'm not sure if they do that anymore.

Last edited:

Rice

Talladega cty smartzone

Does anyone know if it's worthwhile to enter the Talladega county Smartzone trunked system in a scanner w/o digital?

medic9351301

Banned
race freqs

the talladega system is digital full time so no go with out a dig scanner if you have time try this www.fcc.gov then type uls and enter talladega and search i think the speedway is in lincon

Trunkster2002

Alabama State Troopers Dispatch 158.790
Alabama State Troopers Cars back to base 159.030
Troopers Mobile Command 155.475
Troopers main comms Southern linc
thats about all you can hear. rest is on digital

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring#
No EDACS in use at the track, at least not in the past several years that I am aware of.
453.400, PL 127.3, AL EMA Repeater was active during the race, Mobile Command doing radio checks to state EMA.
Unsure if anyone answered.
Security and most track communications is active on UHF analog but there is/was some DMR/TRBO activity the last time I was at the track.
There were a few track official frequencies on UHF in DMR/TRBO and being patched back out on UHF analog but not sure if they
were still active this race or not.
Track Security is on UHF analog but did have a patch on DMR/TRBO.
All visiting Law Enforcement use UHF track radios that are patched into the AFRN 800 system.
All Talladega City & County agencies that work the track also use there own TG's on the AFRN 800 system but most all of those are "Encrypted".

Status
Not open for further replies.