RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Alabama Radio Discussion Forum

Alabama Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information for the State of Alabama.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 5:22 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Oh yeah, I checked 1, 2, 4, and 11 last night and nothing has changed from what is in the DB. Given the amount of activity I was seeing on site 1, at night no less, it could be possible 9 voice channels have become too few at times.
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2012, 2:55 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Picking up some new TGID's on this system today. 22201 which sounds to be Gulf Shores PD and also I have been picking up Gulf Shores Fire on 769.43125 NAC 464, which is a frequency in this mystery system floating around.

Also 22211 sounds to be Orange Beach PD

Last edited by mike36507; 05-11-2012 at 2:58 PM..
Old 05-11-2012, 4:26 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Also picking up Gulf Shores Fire TGID 20212 on this mystery system as well as 22201, but not sure if that is Gulf Shores PD or Orange Beach PD. Here's the system I picked that up on

769.93125 control channel I believe
Old 05-14-2012, 10:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I see now where someone who can change the Database here on RR has listed this system in Monroe County, Alabama now. Wonder if this is an error ??

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=50
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hmmm that is weird. I know they do have a tower in Uriah, but not sure why it would show mainly as Monroe County like that.
Sponsored links

Old 05-15-2012, 1:37 AM
Forums Moderator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike36507 View Post
Hmmm that is weird. I know they do have a tower in Uriah, but not sure why it would show mainly as Monroe County like that.
It's based on the geographical location of the tower itself. In this case, the tower is located in Monroe County, therefore it was included in the listings for that county in our database and TRS itself. This also applies to many other listings in the database.

73's

Ron
Old 05-17-2012, 2:33 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Just an FYI for anyone wanting to listen to the police radio traffic at the Hangout Music Festival in Gulf Shores, you can listen on Gulf Shores VHF 155.61 DCS 315 or on TGID 23204 on this system. Gulf Shores PD as well as BCSO are using this channel.
Old 05-18-2012, 9:06 PM
FL, GA, AL, MS Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Database Admin

Tonight I was picking up traffic on 27992. Didn't get a chance to ID it before I lost the signal here in Florida.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:59 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I heard that one as well as several others. The 27992 was mainly being used for medics and first aid stations at the music fest. 21201 was another active channel which I believe maybe lifeguards, 20209 I believe may be GS Fire 2, 20207 may be the public works, and also 20214 which sounded like lifeguards also. I think the hard part when identifying these channels is whether its Gulf Shores or Orange Beach.
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2012, 9:27 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I see today the DB has been updated with Bayou La Batre and Lumsden Circle. Has this been confirmed that those locations are correct? I still haven't seen anything in the FCC DB.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:01 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I picked up my 1st Control in the 700 mhz range tonight. It is 770.4562. I will have to program it in and see if I hear anything.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:40 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Does this mean they are going to be part of the "Alabama Regional Communications System (ARCS)" TRS?
Apparently the nothern system referred to will be the Madison County Communications District(MCCD) P25 from what I've just gleaned from some recent meeting minutes/agendas. Pretty sure ARCS, etc., along with every other part of the state will become a part of it eventually.
http://openmeetings.baldwincountyal....2112947812.PDF

Of course nothing at all has been recorded for that one yet and it apparently has been being built out for about the same amount of time as Baldwin County.

It won't be Mobile Bay Area interop for very long so may as well start thinking up what to call it in 6-12 months from now.
Old 05-27-2012, 4:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Here is a thread I started on the Madison County Communications District System.

Madison County Communications District 700mhz

Maybe the Madison County System will be a seperate sticky here on RR.
Old 05-27-2012, 5:05 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks for finding that.

I see direct linking to the BC documents doesn't work so....
Go to Search Meetings
Search for interoperable...
Get the agenda packet for the 3/27 work session (I found what I was looking for there so didn't really look at many others.There may be some more nuggets in some of the other documents as well.)
Section F has a bunch of draft agreements for all parties involved thus far.

At pretty much the exact mid-point of that document is the Draft Scope of Services to be provided by the MCCD. For lack of a better way to put it, the "keys to the kingdom" will be hosted by the MCCD, so it is very much a part of this discussion. I'd copy and paste some of the key points but that is a scanned document, an image iow, and not an actual text document, and I really don't feel like typing up multiple paragraphs of stuff that's readily available to everyone with a pdf reader.
Old 05-27-2012, 8:23 PM
Forums Moderator
Database Admin

Raytheon, Inc. is supposed to be building a multi-county P-25 interoperability trunking system, in and around the Birmingham area. The contract for this system was awarded about two years ago. Apparently, this new digital trunking system will be replacing the Motorola Type-II system that is currently in place. It will be very interesting to see if that network ties in with "Mobile Bay Interoperability Radio System."

73's

Ron
Old 05-27-2012, 8:29 PM
Forums Moderator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaScan View Post
I picked up my 1st Control in the 700 mhz range tonight. It is 770.4562. I will have to program it in and see if I hear anything.
You must have heard the mysterious System 197 that we have been trying to track down. Any idea from direction it was coming from?

UNID Project 25: System 197 Trunking System, Pascagoula, Mississippi - Scanner Frequencies

73's

Ron
Old 05-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Trailer Park Supervisor
Database Admin

Group Owner - South Alabama Scan
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southalabamascan/

Last edited by kingpin; 05-27-2012 at 11:48 PM..
Old 05-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Trailer Park Supervisor
Database Admin

The Baldwin County System, and Madison County System, are two seperate systems, but they are tied together. In the grand scheme of things, more systems will be coming online in the future, as part of a statewide initiative. With Madison and Baldwin being the furtherest ends of the state, this shows the proof of concept.
Group Owner - South Alabama Scan
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southalabamascan/
Old 06-06-2012, 9:52 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

...not really...from the Madison County thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvholland View Post
I've gotten rusty on entering details into my PSR-500 but I entered the freq's tagged as site 3 which is closest to me. System type is set to "P25 Auto" and trunking table is "P25 700MHz".

99% N462 W:BEE00
Sy:46B R003 S002

Above is the current Analyze results but the percentage varies between 99 to 26%, no audible hits around 6 PM. I have one wildcard group defined.
As I said, need to be pondering another name soon because Mobile Bay Area is already not the case. May as well follow suit with all the others and rename it Alabama Wireless Interoperabilty Network (ALWIN). At least until somebody comes up with something better.

Last edited by KE5TLF; 06-06-2012 at 10:12 PM..
Old 06-07-2012, 1:15 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE5TLF View Post
...not really...from the Madison County thread.

As I said, need to be pondering another name soon because Mobile Bay Area is already not the case. May as well follow suit with all the others and rename it Alabama Wireless Interoperabilty Network (ALWIN). At least until somebody comes up with something better.

Well Look at this.

Radio Resource Magazine: OnlyOnline

It is being called The Gulf Coast Wirless Information Network ( GULF WIN )

This would be a nightmare for the database.

I already think theDOD System P25 380 mhz in the databse is to large.

U.S. Department of Defense: Project 25 Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

I hate getting updates on my favorite systems when a new talk group for California is entered.

Glad I don't have to enter in the database.

Tags