bcso

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladogbox

evening all.new member so be easy on me.lol.im just a receational scanner and ametuer radio user and still learning about trunking systems etc when i got time.basically was wondering if anyone can give me (in redneck terms) the new baldwin county sherrifs office freq.havent heard them in a week among a few other agencys.and am i going to need a new or diffrent type of system to recieve them.i have a radio shack pro-2050 trunktracker 800mhz scanner and a radio shack handheld pro 404 scanner.any info will help.please dont make me go back to reaility t.v.!lol

dmmbutts

You can't hear them at all. After publicly stating that the new 700MHz county system would not be encrypted, the corrupt powers-that-be here in Baldwin County were lying like a rug through their teeth. What a shock. Don't bother trying to find Foley, Fairhope, and soon, Daphne PD either. You see, the public has no right to know here in the People's Republik of Baldwin County.

Last edited:

ladogbox

ty for rply

you mean our county has lied to us?wth?thanks for the reply and since posting that question i have picked up bits and pieces of diffrent departments but was away from radio when they came through and dont know what freq. they were on.lol.but its a shame what this county has become in a whole as being a great place to live since i was young.we do have the right to know though.we are losing are rights everyday slowly and this in a whole is going to get ugly before we die im afraid.ill keep scanning and plan on making some major upgrades within next few months or so just to have something to do and learn.thanks

mike36507

Premium Subscriber
I was picking them up for a couple of days on 154.95, but I guess they took care of that. Haven't heard them on that freq. since.

dmmbutts

I haven't had a lot of listening time of late but I've heard nothing from BCSO. I have no issue with tactical and drugs ops being encrypted but I have yet to heare one routine dispatch call. I have all freqs on nearest tower to me programmed in, get Gulf Shores and OB fine, have my BCD996XT on search. Is there more I need to do in my program?

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
You will not be able to hear anyone on the county wide system.except for Orange Beach and Gulf Shores which are using FDMA. The rest of the agencies using the system are using TDMA (phase 2 P25). There is not a scanner on the market that will demodulate the TDMA transmissions. However, I feel very certain, we may see one in the next few years.

mike36507

Premium Subscriber
I see where GRE has a radio that will do TDMA X2, but not Phase II, so maybe their getting closer. Would much rather Uniden come out with one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.