RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Alabama Radio Discussion Forum

Alabama Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information for the State of Alabama.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave911 View Post
This was at 1 AM, though. Looks like they'd test during the day.
Hey Dave it's been a long time, I didn't know you were dispatching @99....

Take care fellow,
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2013, 5:03 PM

almost end of year here any more updates?
Old 11-19-2013, 5:22 PM

The last time I spoke with the system admin, they are shooting to have all the upgrades and modifications done and have the system live by July. For the last few months I've noticed the Harpersville site has been off, I noticed a couple of days ago that the entire system is now off line. I speculate they are in the process of updating the controller to the Phase II capable configuration. As soon as I have an update I'll pass it along. An interesting side note I've noticed I've been hearing Cullman PD on seems to be P25 conventional on 155.1900 one of the Harpersville site tx freqs.

Be safe all,
Old 11-19-2013, 6:45 PM

JUlyY 2014?
Old 11-21-2013, 8:18 AM

Yes Sir, that would be correct. Harris is pretty well rebuilding the system from the ground up. In addition they're have to install a ton of microwave hops to facilitate the switch to a simulcast system. I'm also told they are adding a Harris proprietary single channel satellite site on the south end of the country in the Shelby / Lay lake area. All of this of course in addition to the Phase II capable upgrade. The good thing is, as I think I mentioned before Harris is picking up the tab for all of the above.

Be safe guys,
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2014, 2:53 PM

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to give a brief update for those interested. I was updated by the S.C. system admin a few weeks ago that the new Harris infrastructure and site equipment is now being installed and they plan to have the system back up for testing and talk-out in a couple of months. There is still a tentative date around July to have the system fully in use. When the system goes back live it will be operating in Simulcast mode with a mix of Phase I & II. I will try to keep updates posted and they become available.

Be safe all,
Old 02-25-2014, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD7503 View Post
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to give a brief update for those interested. I was updated by the S.C. system admin a few weeks ago that the new Harris infrastructure and site equipment is now being installed and they plan to have the system back up for testing and talk-out in a couple of months. There is still a tentative date around July to have the system fully in use. When the system goes back live it will be operating in Simulcast mode with a mix of Phase I & II. I will try to keep updates posted and they become available.

Be safe all,
Thank you VERY much for the update

Last edited by puzzleriddle; 02-25-2014 at 6:06 PM..

Tags