St. Clair CO TRBO update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the sheriffs are on the new radios and im not sure about each Fire Dept but Springville will be installing our new radios between November 5th-7th. All pagers will stop working December 12th I believe. If anyone wants to listen to St. Clair County they will need a MotoTRBO radio or a modified scanner. From my understanding there have been some issues with certain new repeaters so all of this is subject to change without notice to the general public. Ill try to keep you guys updated.

quarterwave

Out of "operational curiosity" what are they replacing paging with? This seems to be the delimma with alot of departments that have had VHF paging for 30-40 years....

Out of "operational curiosity" what are they replacing paging with? This seems to be the delimma with alot of departments that have had VHF paging for 30-40 years....

I have been told paging will remain analog but that was early in the process. I havent yet heard anymore about paging. I will try to ask the next time im at the FD.

quarterwave

Oh, ok, you said above your pagers stop working Dec 15th.

I was just seeing if they were going through radios only...digital commercial or private (alpha) paging or what.

Just curious.

Oh, ok, you said above your pagers stop working Dec 15th.

I was just seeing if they were going through radios only...digital commercial or private (alpha) paging or what.

Just curious.

From what I understand the pager its self will continue to work however you wont be able to hear radio traffic. Tone only but im not sure. I will be at the FD when they are installed and will hope to find out more information then.

quarterwave

I got it. I know some departments keep their old bases/repeaters on for paging in analog then they do all operations on the new system.

I got it. I know some departments keep their old bases/repeaters on for paging in analog then they do all operations on the new system.

Yeah I have heard others do the same thing. Dont quit understand it as there are other ways of toning departments/stations out over digital.

medic9351301

Banned
well this really bites the big one. strike up another sale to motorola, and uniformed public saftey officals. when will they learn to do research saint clair county has numerous mountains in it. they could have updated the system prob at a fraction of what it cost them to go to trbro. heck i remb back in the days when everthing in the county was on 154.040

and the big citys ie mody pell city were dispatching for mutiple departments, but them days are gone guys .

well this really bites the big one. strike up another sale to motorola, and uniformed public saftey officals. when will they learn to do research saint clair county has numerous mountains in it. they could have updated the system prob at a fraction of what it cost them to go to trbro. heck i remb back in the days when everthing in the county was on 154.040

and the big citys ie mody pell city were dispatching for mutiple departments, but them days are gone guys .

True but keep in mind, like narrowbanding, all public safety agencies will have to be digital at some point so why not go ahead and start.

medic9351301

Banned
this is so true i made a post here about narrow banding it clearly stated that its is not mandatory that you go digital. its just a ploy to sell turbro radios. if this was the case southern linc would be making a killling since nextel is doing away with the push to talk feature. i am sticking to my story that turbro is not designed for public saftey the features are not there for public saftey.non priorty services yes

quarterwave

I concur, there is no mandate to go digital, and likely not one in the near future due to efficiency created by narrowbanding.

Narrow banding has been a boon for radio dealers, so there is no wonder they are pushing the digital myth to help get another 20-30% profit out of their sales, once all the stuff is replaced this year...their sales are going to go back down. Not much more than add ons and repairs to sell when a system is all-new.

M is not marketing Trbo for public safety, you can clearly see that on their web site. They sell P25 for that. Trbo is a Business solution.

I know of a county locally with a new Trbo 5 site system that is being bought back by M because is not working out for the Public Safety agency that bought it.

I know of a county locally with a new Trbo 5 site system that is being bought back by M because is not working out for the Public Safety agency that bought it.

who may that be??

We will have I believe 4 trbo repeater sites across the county. The only issue they have had so far is an issue with their 4th repeater. The radios thats been tested have worked wonderfully, not sure how well it will work once all of us switch. I hope to find out more info Tuesday but with it being the election we may be running calls on injured people from riots depending on who wins the election :twisted:

Still no new information. Just to remind everyone any info I post on here is information I have either overheard or been told by other people. Any of this information can change at any time
Anything that I say about this issue does not reflect the opinions of the department for which I volunteer with or the county fire association. Keep in mind this is more of a "fun lets just chat about it" type of thread. If anyone does have any questions I can get you an accurate answer from official sources.

Kenny

Sorry...my local...in Ohio.

Oh ok.

Last edited:

medic9351301

Banned
kenny:
give us a list of who you can confirm that are tubro. and those that remain transmiting in the clear.

if this helps here is a list of whom i know are turbro

moody police and fire

pell city poilce

analog or in the clear

both law channels

county fire

sheriff office maybe

The only thing I can confirm is the new system is up and running for testing purposes and working well.
To go back to the pager issue from earlier, the pagers are no longer expected to be narrow banded. The whole December 12th issue mentioned above is no longer valid, as there is no set date.

Status
Not open for further replies.