Unable to hear Hoover PD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Hoover PD and FD have swithched to a new freq and if so what are they? I noticed that they have been modified on the database but the freqs look the same.

puzzleriddle

1 of 2 things or both.. they have narrowbanded therefore the power has been reduced ( may need a better anttenna) or the pls/dpls have changed. will listen out & report back.

mike6454

Narrow Banding

How would i program 154.875 into my PSR-500 with narrowbanding?
Could someone please give me an example for this frequency?
All that Khz stuff to difficult to understand.
thank you.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
im using a home patrol and cant hear them

I'm not very familiar with the HomePatrol, but if there is a way to manually edit channels, change the CTCSS/DCS to the new 131 DCS code. Or just download the newest database update.

thank you.

Not sure what this has to do with Hoover, but you would simply program it in as normal, and set the modulation to "NFM" instead of "FM". Narrowbanding does not change the center frequency, only the occupied bandwidth.

puzzleriddle

thank you.

program just like you typed here set it to NFM mode & add the pl tone

Julian1

Hoove PD and Fire

I don't have my scanner handy right now -- back at my home in Ga.

I listened to PD and FD this week. As a previous post mentioned - they changed their squelch tone to one of the Digital Tones.

You'll be good to go.

n5ims

This shows one of the very good reasons to not program any tones for a scanner unless there are specific reasons to do so. Programming a tone into your scanner will restrict what you hear (you'll only get transmissions that match your settings) and increase the time the scanner takes to start sending the audio to the speaker (you may miss the first part of some transmissions). Unless you have interference from an unwanted system that makes it hard to pick up a wanted system it may be best to not program in the tone settings (you'll get everything on that frequency that way).

Other advantages are that some small agencies may have all normal traffic using one tone and a "special" channel programmed with a different tone so supervisors can talk without the others hearing them (yea, this is easy to defeat, but it's a cheap and easy way to get a new "channel" that isn't used much). Remember that most agency radios are programmed by the shop, and users can't make changes so something this easy to defeat may actually work for a small agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.