motorola programming help, Baldwin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGace

Premium Subscriber
Hey anyone out there in Baldwin county with experience in Motorola CPS, I'm trying to programming my xts3000s and can't even get CPS to read them.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
number 1, you will need a valid radio Id for it to even work on the system, and you will need a valid system key to program that system into your radio.

i wounder how many have tried to program radio's to work on system's to find out it's not worth it unless you know what your doing

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Hey anyone out there in Baldwin county with experience in Motorola CPS, I'm trying to programming my xts3000s and can't even get CPS to read them.

I've got years of experience with it and can be some help. Are you trying to read a radio that is currently on the system? If so, depending on what you are trying to do to the radio, you won't need a system key. What changes are you trying to make? I can possibly help.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber

You are using XTS3000 CPS right?, because Astro25 CPS is different.
What kind of cable?

MOGace

Premium Subscriber
I am using XTS3000 CPS, I'm using the RIB-less cable I was given in the previous owner gave me. These radios are second hand.

KE5TLF

You're trying to use an 800MHz only radio on 700MHz? Seems that is the most relevant issue. Good luck with that....

(disregard if you mean some other "Baldwin County system")

As far as your immediate problem goes, if the same combination worked for the previous owner, then it would seem there may be a COM port or OS issue with your setup. As alluded too above that era of CPS was written to work with WIN XP. Using a more modern OS, or a drastically more modern computer, with pretty much any Motorola software than it was written for is usually frustrating at best, and disastrous at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.