Any Info on Tuscaloosa County Sheriff,s Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone know if Tuscaloosa Sheriffs Office is going phase 2. I have a opportunity to get a bcd996xt and/or a bcd396xt for a pretty good price but don't want to get it if TCSO is stepping up to phase2 from phase1. Also which would you go with, the 396xt handheld or 996xt. Thanks

BenA2013

Feed Provider
I've been able to listen to TCSO on my Uniden BCD536HP. I've heard both dispatch and deputies talk. However, it does seem like there is some kind of encryption, because I'm not able to hear them all of the time.

medic9351301

Banned
that system is like that some times how often do you hear them in the clear.I saw some where that it happens when a radio has lost the "key". Meaning lost enc. capability.Then when it gets the key back it goes encp. again. I am not a expert on enc systems so i do not have the correct answer for you .

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Encryption is user select-able on their system, so it can be accidentally disabled via the front panel of the radio (or dispatch console). I never really monitor them, but I have noticed that if a deputy transmits in the clear, the dispatch consoles will automatically disable encryption for around 2-5 seconds. So if the dispatcher replies fast enough, you can often catch entire conversations when this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.