Alabama dealers who sell antenna masts and push up pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Folks,

I'm going to be putting up an external antenna mast sometime after Christmas. Its going to need to go up 30 feet, so i'm looking at 3 10 foot sections of guyed TV mast or a 30 foot guyed push up pole.

However, I can't find anyone who sells this stuff in the Montgomery area. Radio Shack's web site says they have it in certain stores but I haven't seen it in the store that says they have it. I've also checked my local Lowes and they don't have masts or push up pole anymore. I can get it online, but it would have to be shipped truck freight which would cost much more than the order.

I've already gotten one place to try (Cox Communication & Satellite in Cullman), but does anyone know of a place that sells antenna mast and push up poles in the Montgomery or Birmingham area?

rivardj

Premium Subscriber
The Radio Shack stores in my area keep the mast section in the back room. You need to ask the sales associates if they have any sections in stock.

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
Not sure how sturdy this would be, Warren, but you can get 10.5' 1.25" sections in fencing section at Lowes. These are for the horizontal top bars in chain link fences. These are swaged (hope that is the right word) to slip in to one another. Some articles say you can buy 20.5' versions but all I found at Lowes/Home Depot was the 10' versions. As long as it was guyed, it would be okay, I would think.

doublescan

Better check with Cox over in Cullman soon, I was there a couple of months back and they seemed to be getting rid of a lot of antenna-related equipment. They might still have those telescoping poles though. They talked like they were looking to open another business of a different nature. Been buying from them for years though.

Status
Not open for further replies.