Strange frequency gone digital??? Cullman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecryar

Okay, I'm in Boaz, Alabama. for the most part, when my new Whistler 1080 arrived, I just used my zip code for programming, with very few add ons. One of the freq's it listed, is for Beulah VFD, a local volunteer fire dept here in the area, at 154.7175. Now, in the last day or 2, it's been really busy, mostly sounds like rescue/EMT of some sort. I googled addresses when I could, and seemed to have narrowed it down to the Hanceville area. Now, here's the kicker, it's broadcasting on that frequency in digital?! I don't get it. Anyone around here have a clue what i'm listening to? I looked up the database on here, Cullman County, etc, that freq is not listed there anywhere, although some close to it are. Anybody?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 533

bwall332

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you may be receiving Cullman County EMS dispatch on 154.725mhz P25 Digital. I copy them in NE Jefferson county with a pretty good signal........

joecryar

I had no idea that digital was capable on those frequencies. I guess i've been out of the game too long, and now i'm a student again. I figured digital's had to be at least in the 700 range. live and learn! I'll rename it in my system. Thanks!

ecps92

Digital can be found in VHF, UHF, UHF-T, 700 and 800 bands

I had no idea that digital was capable on those frequencies. I guess i've been out of the game too long, and now i'm a student again. I figured digital's had to be at least in the 700 range. live and learn! I'll rename it in my system. Thanks!

bamahandyman

Your listening to Cullman regional medical center EMS.. and for what it is worth to ya the Marshall county VFD individual stations are almost always silent..all of them use the VFD main nearly all the time now. On very rare occasions will you hear anything other than the Dispatch freq. If you search your tone and then lock it in for each of those you wont get the nearby freqs. and being in Boaz you should be able to get Cullman county pretty easily as well, I do.
Hope that helps.

joecryar

Thanks bamahandyman, curious, where are you around here? Another frequency i've been trying to find, is Crossville PD in Dekalb.....any ideas?

Far as Cullman, yep, you are correct, I can pull in that county better than some of the marshall county stuff....strange.

bamahandyman

Crossville uses the dekalb PD net 155.565 with a 156.7 ct. several smaller communities in DeKalb use that, Geraldine, Fyffe etc. I lived in DeKalb county for years now I'm in Gville, since ya asked.. Hope that helps.

joecryar

makes sense, piggy back on other systems, since they are so small it's less costly. I'll check my list and make sure the tone and everything matches up, I believe that freq is already in the list. Thanks! Yes, it helps, tells me you know about the area specifically, rather than being 4 counties away trying to help. lol

bamahandyman

yeah check your older posts, i had hooked you up with a list a few years back on here. Most of those should still be pretty accurate. If you ever need anything else give me a shout on here, I'll do what i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.