Frequency and encrypted question

Status
Not open for further replies.

357bo

About 3 weeks ago, the city of Northport, Al updated their system to the new Motorola system. I cannot find out if the changed frequencies and encrypted their system or not. Just wondering if anyone in the area might know. Also Radioreference is still showing the same frequencies that I have but it seems like the traffic has dropped off

CSL126

The City of Northport recently switched to the Alabama First Responder Network radio system. From what I've read, both the police and fire departments are 100% encrypted. The information in the radio reference database is as accurate as it can be as more sites / talk groups seem to be added on a daily basis. UAPD should be joining the AFRN soon as well.

TracyWillingham

Premium Subscriber
Cullman Alabama first responders

Just spent a ton of money on a digital scanner for my wife. We are trying to load everything for cullman county and surrounding areas. Seems like the old days of buying a scanner and hitting the scan button are over. Is cullman county just encrypted or is it just that I dont know what I am doing.

medic9351301

Banned
Ok the number 1 question what type of scanner ?
They are not any encp. Departments in cullman county that i know off. Depending on your radio just enter the freq and set it to digital and you should be good to go. Look in the database here anything with p25 means digital. E or enc is encrypted. Hopes this helps if not just ask. I am sure we can get u up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.