PRO-668 not hearing anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSalt214

Hi all!

I am new to this forum and fairly new to scanners. I purchased this product yesterday and have yet to be able to pick anything up. I live in the Dothan, AL area and, previous to this, owned a PRO-89. My 89 has picked up a couple of transmissions but the 668 hasn't grabbed anything. I've been over the owners manual and used the software to configure the surrounding counties--I even used the "Signal Stalker" mode--and still haven't heard anything. As a matter of fact, this morning, I drove around and there was fire trucks near me going to a call and I heard NOTHING on the scanner.

Anyway, I've gone ahead and ordered a WS-1080 based on what I've read about them here but that won't be here until Wednesday. I'm going to take the 668 back. However, I'd still like to figure it out since the 1080 is very similar. I appreciate any help you can provide...

Respectfully,

Old Salt

whisper16

It will be helpful to know what system and or frequencies you are trying to monitor.

OldSalt214

Well, I let the scanner choose the freqs by my zip code (and they seemed to match the freqs shown on the database here) and as for systems, it grabbed the Alabama First Responders Network.

drummer2015

I have a Home Patrol 1 and downloaded the Dothan Public Safety System a couple of years ago and it works fine. What is listed in the database for Houston County Sheriff is old. The information on the Alabama State Troopers is also correct and you should have no problem there.

bharvey2

I had a similar experience when I purchased my Pro668 about a year ago. I updated my radio and downloaded the latest list using my zip code. However, I had so many talkgroups and frequencies enabled that the scanner wouldn't "land" on anything. It was too busy scanning through the huge list. Try limiting you scan to just a few talkgroups or frequencies and see how it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.