Alabaster/Pelham/Helena Signal Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I'm fairly new to listening/scanning. I'm trying to locate signal codes for Alabaster mainly, but also interested in Pelham and Helena.
I hear '13' frequently and can't figure out what that means. There a few others Ive heard as well and can't find anywhere.

Thanks for the help.
Travis

BenA2013

Feed Provider
Hey all. I'm fairly new to listening/scanning. I'm trying to locate signal codes for Alabaster mainly, but also interested in Pelham and Helena.
I hear '13' frequently and can't figure out what that means. There a few others Ive heard as well and can't find anywhere.

Thanks for the help.
Travis

Code 10 - Dispatch is Requesting the Status of an Officer
Code 11 - Still Need Back-Up/Emergency Priority
Code 12 - Situation Stable at this time/Still Need Back-up
Code 13 - Everything is OK/No Back-Up Needed

Thanks Ben!

Why is that so hard to find? Trussville has theirs listed on their website.
Why not have a standard?

dave911

Premium Subscriber
Are those the codes SCSO uses also? I hear them say Code 10? Code 13 from time to time.

QDP2012

The above information, and a link to this thread, have been added to the Shelby County (AL) RR Wiki page, so more people can learn about this, and be guided to this conversation.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey guys back for a follow up question. I hear the units with only numbers and then units with phonic characters preceding the number. Like Bravo 8 or Delta 7.
What does this represent? I can’t determine if it’s a shift, position like detective, or what.

medic9351301

Banned
If I had to guess it's probably the shift .
I will have to listen and respond back

If I had to guess it's probably the shift .
I will have to listen and respond back

I was thinking that but couldn’t figure it out. Ive heard Bravo at all times of the day and also many with just numbers. The numbers are usually 4 digits and don’t have a phonetic prefix.

W4AQX

Premium Subscriber
While I may be incorrect in regard to some of this, I'm thinking that the Alpha and Bravo designations used by Alabaster PD are referencing shifts (Alpha=Day, Bravo=Night). Also, I only hear the letter designation used in conjunction with Shift Supervisor numbers and Detective numbers (Alpha 6, Bravo 7, Delta 8, etc.). Non-supervisory patrol officers are referred to by four-digit beat numbers (4233, 4237, etc.). I've been listening to APD for years and it seems to make sense to me that it would be structured in that manner.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
While I may be incorrect in regard to some of this, I'm thinking that the Alpha and Bravo designations used by Alabaster PD are referencing shifts (Alpha=Day, Bravo=Night). Also, I only hear the letter designation used in conjunction with Shift Supervisor numbers and Detective numbers (Alpha 6, Bravo 7, Delta 8, etc.). Non-supervisory patrol officers are referred to by four-digit beat numbers (4233, 4237, etc.). I've been listening to APD for years and it seems to make sense to me that it would be structured in that manner.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.