What do you listen to in times of "chaos"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
What frequency/systems/agency's to you monitor when there are weather events or other large scale events?

ecps92

I would not stray from your local stuff, however add any Regional, Statewide (slowly expand, as the event expands) and then ALWAYS have the information provided by Your Federal Government active (See Here)

What frequency/systems/agency's to you monitor when there are weather events or other large scale events?

garys

Premium Subscriber
City and County LE, Fire, and EMS. Oh, and considering the weather there this week, county and city road crews as well.

It was in the mid 20s in Baldwin County this morning, so if the roads are icy, there will be plenty of activity. Tow companies might be interesting.

pilotman6012

Start with local stuff Police,Fire,EMS,also ham frequencies they are usually trained spotters,EMA frequencies, and sometimes the NWS has frequencies they use to contact the local EMA if a storm is moving from one county to another to give them a heads up on Continuing Tornado Warning or T-Storm Warning.

ecps92

and Amateur Radio VHF/UHF/900
Yep. In my case, her handheld is programmed by me.

Like others, start local and expand, if desired, as the event progresses/escalates. Banks or scan lists are very handy for this.

Depending on the event and long term management thereof, don't forget itinerant business frequencies.

princessthelus

Premium Subscriber
City and County LE, Fire, and EMS. Oh, and considering the weather there this week, county and city road crews as well.

It was in the mid 20s in Baldwin County this morning, so if the roads are icy, there will be plenty of activity. Tow companies might be interesting.

Which public safety network were you listening to? The NEXEDGE interop or AFRN?

Status
Not open for further replies.