Dj-x11t

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

Can anyone here on RR give me comments on this new Alinco receiver? Primary use will be connected to the pc via the sdr software available on the Alinco site. Mostly to be used for HF/VHF/UHF milair. Secondary use will be a conventional portable for VHF/UHF stuff. Would like to know how good the HF is. I know I need HF antennas. Not a newb:) Got that covered. Haven't seen any reviews on eHam as of yesterday. Anyone??
TIA,
Larry

N8IAA

Did a little more research. Found it lacks in a portion of the UHF milair band. Won't be purchasing.
Larry

thats a disappointment,
ive been eyeballingone and
was getting ready to buy,,

a bummer since you know they
Could have made a full featured
rig...

still looks nice though,,

N8IAA

Alinco doesn't guarantee between 222-336MHz. Had a X10 for a long time. Never had a problem with the reception in the milair band. The only feature it missed was the PL/DPL decode. Would still have it had it had that feature.
Larry

bbrannan

The way I read the "does not guarantee" clause was that the does not guarantee applies to the secondary receiver, whichcan be opened up apparently. My understanding, which could be wrong, is that the primary receiver works everywhere except the cellular bands (which don't have anything on them you can listen to anyway).

I have another post on another thread if anyone can assist me with this radio and its controls. Would appreciate any ssistance there :)

N8IAA

, I have another post on another thread if anyone can assist me with this radio and its controls. Would appreciate any ssistance there :)

You may get better answers if you start your own thread. It is considered poor manners to borrow another's:)
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.