Kenwood TK-370G

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdsmith4508

I bought a TK-370G at a garage sale today for a buck. I have googled this radio but can't find any manual for it. It appears that it is locked from entering programming mode based on the start up sequence I found on RR.

It has 2 channels programmed. Does this radio have any HAM usage capibility? Or scanning capiblity?

What is the typical use of this radio?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

MarkWestin

Hello,

I looked on kenwood.net and found a brochure but no owners manual. The radio has 128 channels. Frequency range is 450 - 470 Mhz. Power output is 5 watts (high) and 1 watt (low). It is a "Public Safety" radio. In my opinion, your best option is to contact a Local Kenwood Two Way radio Dealer and find out if it is "missing". They can look up the serial number to see who owned it. If it is missing, there could be a reward. In any case, the dealer can tell you how to program it. There should be a software package, but it could be a dealer only item. It is probably not usable on the Ham (440Mhz) band.

Hope this helped

Mark

whatnext

Tk370

The TK370 will do Ham freqs in the 444 and Above range.. If you need it programmed, contact me off list and I will try to help.
Dave

johnvassel

The 'checking to see if it's 'lost' ' thing is a great idea.
We responded a few years back to a multi-department emergency situation. Ended up taking close to a week to clean up. Anyways, somewhere along our 12 our day, the chiefs radio is lost. He's the chief, he can do this, but ...
So a month or so goes by, he's just about to get a check from the company that caused said disaster for a radio, and his radio is 'found'. Seems someone had it for sale at a garage sale, for a buck or two, because it was dead, and had no way to charge it.
When taken to the local moto guru for programming, the info on the owner was discovered.
Possession of stolen property is a crime, whether you stole it or not, and it might be worth a little time to find out just what kind of a deal you really got. And if it does come up clean, the radio guru can probably program it for you and such.
BTW, the 'G' in this model signifies it's ability to alert on two-tone sequences, so it's possible it's one of the local fire guys radios...

john

Status
Not open for further replies.