Relm HS200 Battery Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a pic of the battery pack for the relm hs200?

Seeing as I can't find them ANYWHERE on the internet to buy. I may need to get one rebuilt. Would like a pic of one to show the folks who are going to rebuild one.

Can you believe it. I've looked all over Ebay and Google etc. for accessories for this radio and came up empty.

Hopefully I can make some leeway here.

Thank you.

I am also looking for a belt clip for this radio, but I may have found the answer with buying a universal clip that's generally used with a cell phone.

derevs

There is no battery pack per say for the HS200. Maybe they made changes but mine has a removable tray with 4 AA cells. Simply remove and replace the batteries.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Well, guess what I found:

http://www.racingelectronics.net/in...2000-BT&xsid=d5114f73cb887ef46c4df2226797b291

I used to have a Relm HS200 and should have never sold it. The tray in the link above looks like it's for Racing Electronics' own modified HS200 used for race fans (has more channels and alpha tags).

Sure looks like the same battery tray that the ol' HS200 uses, but you might wanna call just to double check.

Good luck!

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Well I gave Racing Electronics a call yesterday and they're able to help me out. They have both things that I'm looking for. Total Price $30 with the shipping. So roughly $35 CAD.

Which I find a little much for these items, but I do need them.

Besides having the belt clip will definitly come in handy for sure.

CDN/USA $$$ Exchange seems fairly reasonable right now so it was a good time to get this stuff.

Again, thanks for pointing that radio shop out to me. Although discontinued items I don't know why I couldn't find anything like these anywhere. Ahh well, it's on it's way and I'll be happy when it gets here.

Now does anyone have any suggestions on an earpiece now that I might be able to get. One of those ones with a nice sturdy curly cord on it. One that won't get damaged, and isn't too big for my ear?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Yup, shipping UPS sure kills it.

$14.95 - Battery Tray
$ 5.95 - Belt Clip
$ 9.90 - Shipping
--------
$30.80 US worked out to $35 CAD to buy. Which didn't seem to bad.

Now UPS phones me to drop off the stuff. C.O.D. for brokerage fees $21.85 CAD please.

Like what the *$(*U%. I see now how everyone doesn't like shipping with these guys).

Gotta love how I end up paying like $55 total for a battery tray and a damn belt clip.

I could've picked up the same belt clip at Walmart for $7.95 but opted to get it the other way instead.

Ahh well, next time I'll tell them. NO SHIPPING UPS.

Thanks for pointing out Racing Electronics though, they're the only place that I found had the battery tray that I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.