Veetronix Alert Receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have been researching a couple different alert receivers and came across the Veetronix Alert Receiver (http://www.veetronix.com/page19.html).

From what I can gather it appears to be a modified Uniden scanner with the face plate replaced with a reduced set of switches. The RF frequency programmer appears to be a faceplate from the original scanner, the Quick Call tones appear to be programmed via a serial port and PC.

They run for about $310, and the programmer is $50. This would compare pretty well with used Minitor's with less flexibility.

One nice thing is that it seems that one can program any VHF lo, hi or UHF freq in as well as any set of tones. It also appears to be able to accept up to 4 different tone sets on the single frequency. This would make it fairly easy to change freqs and tones.

Has anyone had any experience with the Veetronix Alert Receiver? Is my interpretation of the capabilities correct?

drew6553

i've seen it and looked into one and am considering buying one when i get done with college and hopefully get a job at a fire department. if you get one tell me how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.