Regency RSP165 Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased an old Regency RSP165 16 channel handheld two-way scanning "brick" from a friend and I am looking for some information on it, mainly how to program it but additionally when about was it made, complementary models, etc. My friend purchased it at a Hamfest awhile ago and the guy that he bought it from had no manual and just had programming instructions that were printed off of the internet which my friend did not have when I picked up the radio. (and it appears that the page that had the programming instructions is no longer active) So instead of waiting for him to get them to me, I'm asking here!

And for those wondering about the battery, my friend was still able to purchase a new battery for it in 2005 which was dead when I first got it but after charging it overnight it seems to still hold a charge just fine.

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
Here is a picture for those who are interested in seeing what the radio looks like. Normally though I have it hooked up to a different antenna but for demonstration purposes I plugged in the stock rubber antenna. As you can tell the previous owners kept this radio in great shape.

Attachments

• DSC01092.JPG
    DSC01092.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 190

W9NES

I used to have one of these for use with my Search and Rescue Team. The Regency is the same as a Wilson.I do not remember the model of Wilson radio was.The Regency and the Wilson are the same radio and you can use the Wilson Programming.Can anyone else remember the Wilson model that is the same as the Regency? Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.