Kenwood TM-271A programing trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9power

I have a modified TM-271A. I have programed the RX and TX freqs along with the pl tones. It works fine until I change the channel and then the tone switches back to the defalt tone. Also I have to manualy choose between CTCSS or DCS each time I switch to a different channel. What am I doing wrong?

pddispatcher

Programming

You have to make your settings to the PL/DPL before you write the channel that you have programmed into VFO then write it to memory.... Then all the PL's won't go back to factory default....

I think what your doing is your trying to program the PL tones after you've already written the channel to memory.... It will work while you stay on that channel but if you switch channels then come back it will be back to the PL that you programmed into the radio before writing it into memory...

Great Radio BTW I have a FT-2800 I use.

wesct

thats the problem.

it seems that when standard was around, you had to program in frequencies first and then
reset the pl while in memory.
i have a suggestion- i would buy a programming cable and download the software from kenwoods site. it makes it alot easier!

I have a modified TM-271A. I have programed the RX and TX freqs along with the pl tones. It works fine until I change the channel and then the tone switches back to the defalt tone. Also I have to manualy choose between CTCSS or DCS each time I switch to a different channel. What am I doing wrong?

wesct

Status
Not open for further replies.