Regency HX-1000 broke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captncarp

Picked up a Regency HX-1000. Got a new battery installed and turned it on. Blank screen, lights up and will not turn off no matter which position the light switch is in. Loud solid screech continuous. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong with it? I guess it needs repair if that is possible. Does anyone repair these old classics?

DMC

SCPD

QRT
Try the reset switch where the battery is. Leave battery plug in and turn scanner on then switch all the way on then back off.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Dirty pins can cause radio to malfunction.Take back cover off 2 screws a top of radio two screws in battery compartment pull front face off near top of radio straight out carefully and clean the pins with rubbing alcohol.

skywarrior

Premium Subscriber
hx-1000 repair

Picked up a Regency HX-1000. Got a new battery installed and turned it on. Blank screen, lights up and will not turn off no matter which position the light switch is in. Loud solid screech continuous. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong with it? I guess it needs repair if that is possible. Does anyone repair these old classics?

DMC

Hi,
Google for G & G communications, they can fix many of the older scanners
Good Luck

I owned dozens of scanners since the early 70's. The HX-1000 was my favorite at the time. Rugged, great reception and it was so intuitive one hardly needed a manual. Hope you get this classic working.

Status
Not open for further replies.