Moto HT1250 PL squelch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
I have a handheld HT1250 UHF radio monitoring a business band repeater, signal is good, repeater PL tone 110.0 .It acts as if it is using carrier squelch as the speaker chirps when the carrier drops out, you know, like its a scanner rather than a proffessional radio that supposed to QUIET-OUT. I am using Moto V4.0 to program it. All the other channels and tones in the radio work well. Could it be this paticular system OR my software settings are wrong?

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
The only time you won't hear the squelch tail is if the repeater only transmits PL with a valid signal on the input or if the repeater does reverse burst to mute the receiver before it drops the transmit.

CCHLLM

Make sure the "Reverse Burst" is selected on the Basic page of the Conventional Personality folder. It should default to that when you select "TPL" as the squelch, but ya never can tell. Then look on the Advanced page of the Personality folder for "Non-standard Reverse Burst." You can try this setting, but if the system is not a Motorola type of reverse burst or whatever is acceptable to the non-standard parameters, it still won't function as "STE" (Squelch Tail Eliminator). V6.05.xx is current CPS, and unless your firmware and software are late enough versions, it may not make any difference anyway.

Last edited:

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
Squelch problem

Okay, I tried everything still no luck. My memory just recalled that they could be using Midland radios or another brand at the airport five yrs ago. Thanks,Amos

Josh

Newer CPS has a screen for "non standard reverse burst" and if you have newer CPS you should try selecting it. It should quiet normally then.

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
Squelch problem

Well guys, my ver-6 is currupt. Anyway, there are lots of stuff to listen to on my HT1250 although the Kenwood radios this company is using wont allow my squelch to mute. I tried every possible setting. Thanks for the help guys and the time.

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
Squelch problem

Hi Josh,
I got the newer ver-6 and my radio squelch quiets like a mouse. You guys have been a great help.. Amos

Status
Not open for further replies.