TENNETRAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altpensacola

Ok, I want to see how far back this forum group goes..
Who remembers this one?
My first scanner was a Tennetrac II, 1974.
No more tuning a "Police band" radio back and forth!
12 channels, 12 crystals (if there were that many stations in your area).
My friend bought a Regency, 10 channel.
And I had another friend that had an FM radio, and 2 crystal channels, the thing would switch back and forth between music and police.
Don't remember who made that. But it was cool.
I now have 2 - 1000 channel, digital of course, trunk tracker scanners.
We have come along way.

LarrySC

The 2-channel w/ FM was a Bearcat Electra Jolly Roger. Had one. Sold it. Wish I had it back. I'm so old I can go back to the days when you rewound coils on a UHF TV converter to get 30-50MHz. For a really good radio you bought army tank radios, tunable with push button lock.

Altpensacola

The Jolly Roger!

Yes That's right, the Jolly Roger. Imagine listing to a cool song from the 70's and have a dispatcher "break" in and dispatch a fire. He'd un-key and the song continues! It made for some really cool effects.

Other scanners I've owned;
RS Pro4 4 crystal channels Handheld
RS Pro30 16 ch synth Handheld
RS Pro2001 16 ch synth (Still use this one)
RS Pro25 100 ch. this one picked up cellular whether you wanted it to or not. They even bled over on the public safety freqs. It still works but the cellular no longer comes in. (?)

I also have a Plectron 2 channel VHF (no scan) that is still LOUD & CLEAR.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
I'm so old I can go back to the days when you rewound coils on a UHF TV converter to get 30-50MHz.
Sheite. Your so old?? :)

December 12, 1901

Marconi used my radio, the Crayon MkVII, because his was broke! It was the first time a signal was transmitted and received across the Atlantic Ocean.

Young whipper-snappers. Transisters and simi-conductors .. bah!

Julian1

Tennelec I My first scanner

:)
Christmas Eve....1971 I think it was.

I was a junior in high school... My dad gave me a Tennelec I for Christmas. I was so excited.

12 channels...adjustable scan rate. Clear buttons w/ color filters behind them. You could change the colors. Oh...those were the days.

Finally gave up the ghost in about 1990.

The Tennelec II I saw mentioned had red plastic buttons. There was a Tennelec III w/ 16 channels and blue buttons. A campus PD officer I knew had one of those.

Tennelec also made a programmable scanner. Binary code type. I knew another dispatcher with one of those.

Thanks for your post........and bringing back great memories.

:D

The_Inspector

I have some of thos oldies. I have two Tennetrac IIs, a III, two SBE Optiscans (binary cards), 4 Sears 10ch. crystal scanners and 3 Sears "5-band" (binary card) scanners. All that besides the boat-load of programable hand-helds and bases.

CWR

Yes , my 1st "Scanner" was an 8-channel Tennelec. Also owned an 8-Channel crystal controlled Regency handheld. I'm currently using a Standard CCR-708A as a Base Conventional scanner. It's been running 24/7 since August of 1992.....

N2BMP

Just found this thread. I have a Tennelec MS2 I am in need of the Programming Manual. Would anyone here have an electronic copy they would share? Or a free source for a download on the net?
I will thank all for any assistance you may lend.

Garth

N2BMP

I forgot to mention if you have any info to a source of a manual or have an elctronic copy that yo cn send me. Please reply to me directly @ EWRTSA@MSN.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.