Painting a whip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury853

I am working on blacking out some things on my SUV and was thinking about blacking out my Ball mount, spring, and whip antenna! Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do? i thought about spray painting it. But would that work on the stainless steal? also would that affect the signal any?

n5ims

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
I've used plastidip on a few things. It'll work fine on the ball but I wouldn't recommend it for the whip or spring because the smooth steel surface and constant flexing will cause it to peel off pretty quickly. Heat shrink is a good option for the whip. You can get 4' and 8' lengths from many sites. And just spray paint the spring.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using some Tappity Talkity thing.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am working on blacking out some things on my SUV and was thinking about blacking out my Ball mount, spring, and whip antenna! Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do? i thought about spray painting it. But would that work on the stainless steal? also would that affect the signal any?

Flat black rustoleum works well for this. :wink:

n9zas

ridgescan

Well mine for one already came black and is a scanner antenna so not quite the same as what I think you have.
The Plasti-dip site has rubber products as well that will work on the steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.