Alinco DR-150T Antenna + Connectors - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman200108

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. Hopefully I can learn a lot about radios and such as I am just starting to get into it. I've operated handhelds but this is my first mobile that I'm going to be using as a base station for now just to scan and maybe talk a bit here and there. I have an Alinco DR-150T that I got from a friend, and I ordered a power supply already. It has a SO-239 female connector coming out of the radio. I want an atenna capable of 50+ watts that will have a decent range but not too large. I'll have it mounted outside of my house maybe on the roof, not sure yet. But my main question is, what antenna should I buy for a good affordable price, and what connectors do I need? I can't find any SO-239 male to other connectors, stumped with this one.

Thank you everyone! Anything helps.

teufler

For the manual for the dr150, it looks like a standard so239, so coax with a pl259 on the coax should screw on to the radio. http://www.amazon.com/Workman-Radio-UVS-200-Dual-Antenna/dp/B0099VURD6
this is a , sort of clone antenna, to the Diamond antennas. Not bad, 4.5 dbd, $128.00 for the antenna, coax, and a lighting arrestor. Not sure where you are at but there might be some or a ham store nearby. While the coax is RG8x, there is better like rg8 style but the improvement costs more. Starting out, the rg8x is not bad. The Workman antenna has a s0-239 on it, so normal coax, install or get coax with fittings installed. Now coax with fittings on both ends, the opening to get it in the house will be larger , so installing your own fitting, can achieve a smaller hole in the house

teufler

a normal vhf antenna for a mobile, would work. Depending on the style, you get a base that the antenna will attach to. I am partial to nmo mounts though I have a few s0-239 mounts also. Most ham fests have a mobile antenna for $30 or less. As for your radio, is it the ham version or the commercial version?

Status
Not open for further replies.