Imax 2k is up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8NIV

I put this Imax 2k up today, have it 3' off the ground on a piece of pipe and nailed to a tree stump....the auto tuner does tune it for 10-20m bands......I also added 6 of the wire radials on it, each one is 17' long, and at the 60 degree directions...feeding it with LMR 400UF coax.....so far it seems to work pretty good...

TheSpaceMann

I put this Imax 2k up today, have it 3' off the ground on a piece of pipe and nailed to a tree stump....the auto tuner does tune it for 10-20m bands......I also added 6 of the wire radials on it, each one is 17' long, and at the 60 degree directions...feeding it with LMR 400UF coax.....so far it seems to work pretty good...
It's a very versatile antenna. What kind of rigs are you using it with?

KD8NIV

Update, the Imax 2k is doing a great job, been using it on 10-40m bands.....in some cases it talks better than the G5RV does....

TheSpaceMann

I've got one, and yes it's a darn good antenna! Works well on 10 through 17, and even 20 meters! I believe you can trim it to get a better match if necessary.

KD8NIV

A couple months back, I had the Imax up 21' off the ground, and a friend of mine told me to cut 4 pieces of wire and put them on one of the U bolts, so I tried this and all the Imax would just tune then for was 10-17m bands....

Next thing I did was cut 6" off the top of the Imax, and tried this again, but the swr still wouldn't drop on 20m, so then all I used the Imax for was 10-17m bands...

I later took the Imax down and strung the G5RV across the back yard, and had bought me a LDG auto tuner for my 450D and just used the G5RV for awhile....

I just put the Imax back up a few weeks ago, and now it is on a 3' piece of pipe, mounted to a tree stump, and added 6 pieces of 14ga stranded copper wires to it, each one is 17' long and laid them each out at a 60 degree angle, and now it will tune for 20 and 40m easy.....now it talks great on 10-40m bands, swr runs a 1.1..

The Imax works great for these bands, think the A99 will work like this as well...

Dan K3BOA, was very helpful helping me make this thing talk, he is a good Elmer, thanks again Dan...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.