Comet GP-6NC connector type mystery???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Hello again,
I just got my new Comet GP-6NC from the Antenna Farm, and it has a connector I’ve not seen before. Their site, and Comet’s, say it has a female N connector, but this not like any N connector I’ve seen before (see pic). I ordered a regular male N connector on my coax, and the coax will attach securely to the antenna, but when I check with an ohm meter I can tell there is no connection between the center conductor and the antenna. Can anyone please tell me what type of connector this is? Pretty sure I’ll need to get an adapter, but after a ton of Googling I’m still at a loss as to what I’m dealing with here. The package the antenna came in says it has an N-J connector, but that tidbit hasn’t been helpful. I gather that just means N “Jack”, which I think means female, but I’m not sure. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

• F28F1ADD-D929-49BA-AE05-DADDB976AE47.jpg
    F28F1ADD-D929-49BA-AE05-DADDB976AE47.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 369

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Hello again,
I just got my new Comet GP-6NC from the Antenna Farm, and it has a connector I’ve not seen before. Their site, and Comet’s, say it has a female N connector, but this not like any N connector I’ve seen before (see pic). I ordered a regular male N connector on my coax, and the coax will attach securely to the antenna, but when I check with an ohm meter I can tell there is no connection between the center conductor and the antenna. Can anyone please tell me what type of connector this is? Pretty sure I’ll need to get an adapter, but after a ton of Googling I’m still at a loss as to what I’m dealing with here. The package the antenna came in says it has an N-J connector, but that tidbit hasn’t been helpful. I gather that just means N “Jack”, which I think means female, but I’m not sure. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Someone damaged the center pin of that female N. My guess would be someone tried forcing a PL-259 onto it.

Sent using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

Yup, exactly. I have seen same damage on radios where a female N connector is splayed out from a male PL259.

Don't try to fix it, as the leaves of the center connector will simply break off.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mule1075

Feed Provider
Send it back. I had the same thing happen to me. I contacted the antenna farm and they sent me a prepaid shipping label with the replacement antenna.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I would make sure the connector on the pre-made coax was correct as well.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
So you guys were right on the money that it was a damaged N connector on the antenna. Thanks! I contacted the Antenna Farm as suggested, and he sent me out a return shipping label along with a replacement bottom section, and it's working like a champ! Great service from John there, thanks go out to him as well.

Thanks again!

Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.