Case for the FT-60

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4uuz

In the process of attempting to organize my shack, I temporarily put my (Yaesu) FT-60, into the case for my PRO-106. To my surprise, it fit perfectly. The keypad, and the display were just right. All of the functions on the FT-60 were very accessible. This was a nice bonus. ------This is the Scanner Master leather case for the, PRO-106.

Granted, the case is tall for this compact transceiver, but with a little imagination, that extra space on the bottom can be utilized quite well.

K

kb0nly

Interesting..

I used a LCC-150S/TT which is for the VX150. A slight modification to the leather front and its absolutely perfect in every way. If you want to see let me know i can snap a picture of it.

dwh367

A Kenwood SC-47B case works well also and is a perfect fit with the beltclip still attached. All that's required is to cut a small hole in the plastic for the microphone. However, I did take a seam ripper and remove the "Kenwood" tag from the outside of it just for aesthetics.

K

kb0nly

Here you can see the stock case, and the on the radio after a slight modification. I cut off a small area of the front to allow the entire display to be seen, and i punched a hole for the mic. This case was made for the VX150 which has the mic opening on the right hand bottom corner of the speaker grille, the FT60R has it on the bottom left.

Then i just darkened the cut edge of the leather with a little black boot polish and good as new. Everyone always asks me when they see it how i found a FT60R leather case thats so thick and heavy. Its a VERY nice swivel case and belt loop for the money, i'm not dissapointed at all in how it turned out. You do have to remove the stock belt clip by removing the two screws that hold it on, but i find its easier to get the battery off and on without that there anyway.

Attachments

• 4259.jpg
    4259.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 4,382
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 4,962

kf4uuz

Wow. You've really done a professional job. Very neat and smooth. You might be hearing from other hams requesting you to do the same for their FT-60. (For a price, of course. : )

K

kb0nly

Thanks! It did turn out nice, and i finally have a good swivel case on my belt for my favorite portable.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
Here you can see the stock case, and the on the radio after a slight modification. I cut off a small area of the front to allow the entire display to be seen, and i punched a hole for the mic. This case was made for the VX150 which has the mic opening on the right hand bottom corner of the speaker grille, the FT60R has it on the bottom left.

Then i just darkened the cut edge of the leather with a little black boot polish and good as new. Everyone always asks me when they see it how i found a FT60R leather case thats so thick and heavy. Its a VERY nice swivel case and belt loop for the money, i'm not dissapointed at all in how it turned out. You do have to remove the stock belt clip by removing the two screws that hold it on, but i find its easier to get the battery off and on without that there anyway.[/QUOTE

Nice job. That's the same HT i'm buying, and i've been lookin for a hard leather case. That will go good with my leather case for my PSR500. I'm ordering one today. BTW, i'm looking forward to getting my ham ticket next month. I've been studying every day since my first attempt.

tangozebra

Premium Subscriber
Almost perfect fit (soft leather case for FT 60R)

I used YAESU CSC 68 leather case for FT 60R with excellent result.

Status
Not open for further replies.