FT-270 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

canav844

Anyone seen the VFO do this before? I checked to see why my APRS wan't working this weekend and when I went to the VFO this is what I got.

YouTube - VID 00008 20110411 2243

:confused::mad:

I tried all the resets, my memories are cleared but nada on being able to tell what frequency I'm actually on.

Ideas? secret button combination? something I'm missing in the manual?

Keith_W7KEW

It looks like a test mode. Do a reset of the radio to see if that clears it up.

FT-270 reset:
1. Hold the PTT and lamp buttons at the same time and power the radio on while doing so. The LCD will display SETRST.

2. Rotate the dial knob to ALLRST and press F on the keypad. Please note that this will erase all the memory settings you have save in the radio.

K

kb0nly

Thats part of the service menu or something on the radio i bet, never seen that model do it, but do a reset.

canav844

I tried all the resets, my memories are cleared but nada on being able to tell what frequency I'm actually on.
I did SETRST MEMRST MBRST and ALLRST several times before posting I've been able to determine that the numbers correlate to frequencies (no idea what the conversion is aside from A prefix seems to be outside the amateur band I'll get the ERROR if I try to TX and B prefix will allow TX.

I'll give it a few more hours here and one more try on the software before calling Yaesu.

canav844

Called Yaesu, they said send it in, and I've had the radio for 11 months, so this will just barely be under warranty.

K

kb0nly

Let us know if they say anything as to why or what happened, would be interested in hearing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.