Alinco dr-600 internal battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBooth

Alinco DR-600T Battery Replacement

The Alinco DR-600T uses a BR-2032-1F2 Lithium battery. This is a standard BR-2032 coin type battery with attached tabs, and insulation around the edge. The new model number BR-2032-F2N has replaced the older model number.

While I was able to find plenty of (tab-less) CR-2032 batteries locally, a review of a Panasonic data sheet indicated that a different chemistry is used in the CR series, and that the original BR chemistry seemed better suited to the harsh environment in my vehicle.

The BR-2032-F2N batteries (former BR-2032-1F2) can be obtained from major electronic supply outlets. My most recent one came from Digi-Key out of Thief River Falls, MN. My last one (installed in 2002) came from Mouser Electronics. Allied Electronics also carries them in their catalog.

I would have liked to have added a battery holder so that I wouldn't have solder in a new battery down the road, but I couldn't find one with the proper dimensions and thin enough to hold the battery without shorting out after adding the shielded back to the control head (I use a separation cable in my installation).

I've attached a photo of the inside of my DR-600T control head showing the BR-2032-F2N in the upper right hand corner.

Hopefully, this information will help anyone looking to replace this battery in the future.

Attachments

• Alinco-DR600T_w_BR2032-1F2_Battery_2.jpg
    Alinco-DR600T_w_BR2032-1F2_Battery_2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 2,621
  • BR2032-1F2_sml.jpg
    BR2032-1F2_sml.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,812

GhoolerHunter

Premium Subscriber
Alinco DR-600 Battery

I sent it off and had the battery replaced once because I couldn't find the correct battery with solder tabs.
Battery died again in 2 years and I took it apart to find out the man who replaced it did so with a smaller battery. So I found bought and replaced the battery myself checking the polarity before connections. Now my entire display is nothing but a set of vertical lines. Radio will not work. Any ideas how to fix this or should I toss this one and buy a new one? Thinking with all those other exposed connections my piece of Scotch tape I put under it wasn't thick enough. May have shorted something out.

fineshot1

I sent it off and had the battery replaced once because I couldn't find the correct battery with solder tabs.
Battery died again in 2 years and I took it apart to find out the man who replaced it did so with a smaller battery. So I found bought and replaced the battery myself checking the polarity before connections. Now my entire display is nothing but a set of vertical lines. Radio will not work. Any ideas how to fix this or should I toss this one and buy a new one? Thinking with all those other exposed connections my piece of Scotch tape I put under it wasn't thick enough. May have shorted something out.

Did you do the master reset after replacing the battery?

GhoolerHunter

Premium Subscriber
DR-600 battery

After I posted the message I realized there was a master reset on the radio and recalled hold the function key down during power up and that did resolve the problem. :)

If you come to our area you can find me usually monitoring the 146.64 Fort Smith Amateur Radio Club repeater located in Poteau, OK.

My DR-600 runs on solar power and a battery bank. I write my novels and edit video production in my "command room." ;-)

Thanks for posting.

fineshot1

After I posted the message I realized there was a master reset on the radio and recalled hold the function key down during power up and that did resolve the problem. :)

If you come to our area you can find me usually monitoring the 146.64 Fort Smith Amateur Radio Club repeater located in Poteau, OK.

My DR-600 runs on solar power and a battery bank. I write my novels and edit video production in my "command room." ;-)

Thanks for posting.

You are most welcome

happy easter/passover

fognet

Alinco DR600

Changed the battery and got the same bunch of vertical lines. Thanks for the function reset. I was about to buy a new radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.