RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Amateur Radio Equipment

Amateur Radio Equipment For general and technical discussion of Amateur Radio equipment such as transceivers, repeaters, controllers and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 10:07 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Alinco dr-600 internal battery

does anyone know what kind of internal battery the Alinco dr-600 has. mine is dead and wanting to replace it.
Sponsored links
Old 04-12-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfly1211 View Post
does anyone know what kind of internal battery the Alinco dr-600 has. mine is dead and wanting to replace it.
I dont have this radio but they are usually the solder tab type - like a CR2032 or similar but with solder tabs
so they can be soldered directly to the radio pc board.
Old 11-06-2011, 1:51 AM

Default Alinco DR-600T Battery Replacement

The Alinco DR-600T uses a BR-2032-1F2 Lithium battery. This is a standard BR-2032 coin type battery with attached tabs, and insulation around the edge. The new model number BR-2032-F2N has replaced the older model number.

While I was able to find plenty of (tab-less) CR-2032 batteries locally, a review of a Panasonic data sheet indicated that a different chemistry is used in the CR series, and that the original BR chemistry seemed better suited to the harsh environment in my vehicle.

The BR-2032-F2N batteries (former BR-2032-1F2) can be obtained from major electronic supply outlets. My most recent one came from Digi-Key out of Thief River Falls, MN. My last one (installed in 2002) came from Mouser Electronics. Allied Electronics also carries them in their catalog.

I would have liked to have added a battery holder so that I wouldn't have solder in a new battery down the road, but I couldn't find one with the proper dimensions and thin enough to hold the battery without shorting out after adding the shielded back to the control head (I use a separation cable in my installation).

I've attached a photo of the inside of my DR-600T control head showing the BR-2032-F2N in the upper right hand corner.

Hopefully, this information will help anyone looking to replace this battery in the future.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2012, 2:03 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Unhappy Alinco DR-600 Battery

I sent it off and had the battery replaced once because I couldn't find the correct battery with solder tabs.
Battery died again in 2 years and I took it apart to find out the man who replaced it did so with a smaller battery. So I found bought and replaced the battery myself checking the polarity before connections. Now my entire display is nothing but a set of vertical lines. Radio will not work. Any ideas how to fix this or should I toss this one and buy a new one? Thinking with all those other exposed connections my piece of Scotch tape I put under it wasn't thick enough. May have shorted something out.
Old 03-31-2012, 7:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhoolerHunter View Post
I sent it off and had the battery replaced once because I couldn't find the correct battery with solder tabs.
Battery died again in 2 years and I took it apart to find out the man who replaced it did so with a smaller battery. So I found bought and replaced the battery myself checking the polarity before connections. Now my entire display is nothing but a set of vertical lines. Radio will not work. Any ideas how to fix this or should I toss this one and buy a new one? Thinking with all those other exposed connections my piece of Scotch tape I put under it wasn't thick enough. May have shorted something out.
Did you do the master reset after replacing the battery?
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2012, 7:57 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default DR-600 battery

After I posted the message I realized there was a master reset on the radio and recalled hold the function key down during power up and that did resolve the problem. :-)

If you come to our area you can find me usually monitoring the 146.64 Fort Smith Amateur Radio Club repeater located in Poteau, OK.

My DR-600 runs on solar power and a battery bank. I write my novels and edit video production in my "command room." ;-)

Thanks for posting.
Old 04-08-2012, 8:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhoolerHunter View Post
After I posted the message I realized there was a master reset on the radio and recalled hold the function key down during power up and that did resolve the problem. :-)

If you come to our area you can find me usually monitoring the 146.64 Fort Smith Amateur Radio Club repeater located in Poteau, OK.

My DR-600 runs on solar power and a battery bank. I write my novels and edit video production in my "command room." ;-)

Thanks for posting.
You are most welcome

happy easter/passover