Problems programming Yaesu VX-6R

Status
Not open for further replies.

regfman

I am using VX-6 Commander. I can read from the radio into Commander but when I try to write back to the radio I get this Error statement in the Commander app:

Sent: 41 48 30 32 31 00 E0 01 02 01
ERROR: No 06 response from VX-6!

And I see ERROR displayed on the screen of the radio.

More details:
I have tried this on a a) Win7 Pro 64 , b) Win7 Home Premium 64, and on an old laptop running WinXP 32bit.

The thing is that years ago (3 or 4?) when I was running XP or Vista I was able to program the radio with this software and the hardware cable interface.

Thinking maybe something in the radio is corrupted I tried doing a factory reset with the MODE, 0 and V/M buttons held down, then F/W. But I am not sure if that even worked. I think it did but it comes up with 144.000 and it says [6] above it. Not sure why [6] although when i hit the V/M button to come out VFO it says MEMORY and then goes to [1] and I can't rotate off that, so I guess no other channels are programmed in it. So I think I have reset the radio but I still get the ERROR message when I try to send from the Commander application on the Win7 machine to the radio.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I could be your cable. I have the ADMS cable and software for my VX-6R and the cable that came with it was bad. RT will replace the cable if that is the one you are using. See if you can get your hands on another cable and try from there.

Also do you have the old screw in type cable or the newer long mini plug type without the threading. Make sure the plug is all the way into the radio and if it is threaded, make sure you have it screwed down all the way.

regfman

Not sure what the brand of cable is but it screws in with threads to the radio and it is screwed all the way in. I have also checked that all the other interconnecting cables are also secured fully.

The fact that I don't see the problem when the data is transferred from radio to computer, but do see the problem when going from computer to radio makes me think it isn't a bad interconnect.

I googled the error message and read someone discussing hacking the first line of text in the file because they were getting that error, but it was because they had done a hardware hack to the radio. I haven't hacked the radio in any way.

VX-6 mod question - AR15.Com Archive

Any other ideas from VX-6r owners?

regfman

I borrowed a friend's serial to usb cable and installed different drivers and I still have the problem and in fact now I get an ERROR message when I try to transfer from the radio to the computer. Before with the other cable I do that but not transfer from the computer to the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.