Icom IC-T7H Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2AL

I am trying to locate programming software for the ICOM IC-T7H portable dual band radio. I have searched on icomamerica.com but have not had any luck. If anyone could please direct me to a link where the software could be downloaded, that would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Andrew
KK4IFN

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
The russian site has split into a couple different sites.. And a little persistance with google will get you what you need. I won't directly share a link.. But I can say I found the site within 5 minutes of posting the RTsystems link.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Chirp

Cool, my question I have is what did you use as a interface cable? Will a scanner type programming type cable work?

I found the software yesterday myself and installed it, I have not tried it yet. I found your post asking for it when I was looking for the software myself and wanted to let you know what I found.

I am glad its working good for you.

73 Richard W4MCD

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I have an Icom OEM USB cable I bought to use with all my Icom rigs (t7h, 2200h, 2720h). There are plans on the Interweb to roll your own, or if you like, there's plenty of cheap knock offs on eBay...

k3cfc

Silent Key
I am trying to locate programming software for the ICOM IC-T7H portable dual band radio. I have searched on icomamerica.com but have not had any luck. If anyone could please direct me to a link where the software could be downloaded, that would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Andrew
KK4IFN

gigaparts.com search t7h it says discontinued but they still have accessories click this and they still have what you are looking for.

Hope this helps

K3CFC.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Icom handheld software (freeware)

thank you very much. I'll check that out.

73 Richard W4MCD

gigaparts.com search t7h it says discontinued but they still have accessories click this and they still have what you are looking for.

Hope this helps

K3CFC.

K6QT

Programming s/w and cable for the Icom IC-T7H AND does Chirp s/w overwrite its oem sw

Hello Andrew!

You might have found all you need already, since this is a year later than your first post -- looks like exactly to the day. But I found the Chirp software, which is freeware and works for many types of radios of different brands here: Home - CHIRP. And the programming cable I found on e-bay. the auction finishes 6 June 2013, but it is probably something that recurs every so often. I found that posting at: Icom IC T90A 91A T7H V8 V82 W32A Programming Cord | eBay. At $17.00 for the cable and free software, it's really a wonderful bargain. I just got a used Icom IC-T7H in the mail today, which fortunately came with the cable and software on a disc, and I actually had a separate question, which is:

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE CHIRP SOFTWARE OVERWRITES THE OEM SOFTWARE FOR THE ICOM IC-T7H RADIO?

Good luck!

Shon
K6QT

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE CHIRP SOFTWARE OVERWRITES THE OEM SOFTWARE FOR THE ICOM IC-T7H RADIO?

On your computer: No

On the radio: Impossible, the software will only change the channel programming and some menu settings.

This isn't a firmware upgrade. It's only a way to quickly and easily manipulate user setting en mass.

K6QT

Thank you!

Thank you Gene, for the information! I am going ahead then and using the s/w to upload all of my programming to the radio. Only thing I regret with the old Icom radio is that they don't have a corresponding text name you can give the frequency. But I'm grateful for the ability just to upload. Just did it and it worked flawlessly. A couple of repeaters needed to be tweaked to get the right tone/squelch settings. Other than that, no problem. My biggest problem was that I was getting a "no driver" Windows error message on the cable. I found out with a PowerPoint tutorial I found online that I needed to open the device manager and get the comm port right (as well as define radio brand and model) for the Chirp s/w to get it to work. After that, I didn't have a problem. Take care and 73 de Shon, K6QT.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I don't understand the regret... You purchased an older handheld.. And alpha tags haven't been around that long. Did you research the radio to see what features it had before you purchased it?
And even if it did have Alpha tags, the display is so small, you wouldn't be able to read them..

I use an original Icom USB cable and have never had driver issues.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Alpha tags have been around for a long time just not on ham radios.

Hence my comment. In context it is appropriate. We weren't talking about commercial gear. We were discussing a low cost handheld. One which I own and use at least weekly.

k3cfc

Silent Key
Well good buddy i wasn't talking about commercial gear either. maybe it's it's just me but it seems like you are trying to start an argument. alpha tags were used in scanners in the early 80's

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
And, "Good Buddy" once again you insert information not relevant to the discussion.

So, who's stirring the pot? We were discussing an AMATEUR radio. Not a scanner, not a commercial radio. Then you came in and stated how alpha tags have been around a long time.. Which is not relevant to the equipment being discussed.

Another forum user that comes into a discussion and sends it off on a tangent that's completely irrelevant to the topic and of no informational value whatsoever. Especially since the question was already answered to the posters satisfaction.

back-on-topic-folks-train-sliding-off-tracks-uBWttt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.