Yaesu: Ft-8500 Programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

I purchased a yaesu Ft-8500 with the Mh-39 mic and I am having issues programming the radio. I have the manual and followed it step by step but still have not been able to program it. I am not able to bring up the banks to program in, just the home channel and the priority channel only.
Any tips would be great
kb0vwg
wqoi992

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Program to the vfo, then save tone & settings & save to memory. If I remember correctly?

n9zas

KB0VWG

Maybe I am getting old

This is the first radio I have had with issues programming it. i input the freq in the vfo, then what do i do to save it to channel 1, do i need to be in vfo write mode or mem write mode?. Usually it always in vfo mode then save to mem mode. I am pulling my hair what I have left.
Thanks
kb0vwg
wqoi992

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This is the first radio I have had with issues programming it. i input the freq in the vfo, then what do i do to save it to channel 1, do i need to be in vfo write mode or mem write mode?. Usually it always in vfo mode then save to mem mode. I am pulling my hair what I have left.
Thanks
kb0vwg
wqoi992

Sccafire above, located a manual for you, did you see it?
I honestly don't remember,(already lost my hair) but vfo write mode, then save to memory sounds right.

n9zas

KB0VWG

I found one before I posted

I got the manual but still no luck. I will keep working at it.
Thanks
kb0vwg
wqoi992

BrettL

Time to activate this old thread.

I also have purchased this radio and having problems trying to manually program it with the original manual. I am trying to find a way to put in the tone for the repeaters. I'm not sure this thing has a tone board in it or how to know.

I am getting the programming software next week but am really anxious to manually program this until then.

I need expert advice......?

BrettL

I figured it out. Be patient and READ! Go to page 31 then jump to page 65. Go back to page 31 from 65 and jump straight to page 71. Boomshakala..........I have ctcss tones. Easy as 1-2-3. Ha!

There should have been more time spent into writing the manual as there was in making the radio.

teufler

software shoulfd be there monday or tuesday. post office said 3 days. Friday, then sdaturday, and mondfay. I calculate this as three days, though they may not count Friday. It was mailed before 7am.

BrettL

Thanks for the software teufler........Very much appreciated. You have been really awesome help since I have joined this forum among many others. Happy Memorial Day everyone. 73's

Status
Not open for further replies.