Alinco: Alinco DJ-57t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackswan73

Comments, reviews, tips. I just bought one new for $96 with ac and car adapters and vinyl case. I hope I made a good purchase. It Iooked better made then the Baofengs

toastycookies

It is a discontinued model, replaced by the DJ-500T but it looks like a nice radio and has great reviews.
It will not do narrow band stepping for the splinter frequencies, I am not sure if that matters to you or not.

Do you ever check out eham.net? They have a great review section.

Alinco DJ V57T Product Reviews

And yes, it is made better than the Baofengs.

Blackswan73

Received radio yesterday. Works great. Also the seller included a cigarette lighter adapter, two nicad batteries, one new, and a battery case for using AA batteries, wall wart, and a leather case. All for less than a C note. Tested on air last night, and had no problem hitting a repeater 12 miles away with the factory duck antenna. All in all, very happy with my purchase. Title of this thread is in error, it is a DJ-V5t, not a 57t.

Last edited by a moderator:

N4KVE

I'm not a big fan of Alinco radios. 20+ years ago I bought their 1st dual band mobile which I returned to the store with $100 & took home a Kenwood instead which was light years better in every way you can imagine. That being said, about 8 years ago I was visiting my family in Canada, & was on the throne at my high school buddy's house, & lo & behold, there was a Canadian QST magazine with Canadian ham radio stores. One had the V5T for sale, & it was the "export" model. Not available for sale in the US, it received cell freq's, & others the US model wouldn't receive. It was already modded for out of band rx, & tx. I bought it, & it's a great radio. I still own it to this day. I think it's one of the best dual band radios ever made. Easy to program from the keypad, etc. The OP got a great price for a radio much better than the new breed of Chinese radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.