Kenwood: TH-F6 Portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

caerickson

I'm trying to unlock the Kenwood TH-F6 portable for operation on the 450-470 MHZ band. I removed the top resistor per the instructions for the MARS conversion and reset the radio. The portable only beeps when I try to transmit on a 451 MHZ frequency. Is there an additional step required to unlock the transmitter on the TM-F6 portable?

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Chuck

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Against the FCC law..buy a UHF radio

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You probably removed the wrong one..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I moved this to the Amateur Radio Equipment forum since it isn't a commercial product.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Several post deleted that didn't really contribute to the thread.

The issue of radios which are not FCC type accepted for the radio service in which they are being used has been discussed ad infinitum. A simple statement saying that the radio in question cannot be legally used to transmit on the frequencies in question is all that is required and that post was made within 3 minutes of the OP. The rest of you do not need to pile on with your opinions.

If you have comments which are constructive to the original question, please feel free to post. If all you are going to do is beat the "that's illegal" dead horse, please take it elsewhere.

Without going to the Mod page on extended transmit, I seem to remember there being 2 or 3 items that had to be removed for the modification.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Seems like there is a resistor that also needs to be removed.

The instructions say to remove the resistor, but looking at the service manual schematic, I do not see the reason fir removal. The resistor ties to one side of the key scan, in the mode selection circuit.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.