Originally Posted by Polarbear837
I hooked it directly to the battery. both positive and negative with an inline fuse
That is usually the preferred way to wire it. You can often incur a voltage drop and insufficient current problems when wiring to other parts of the vehicle. Unwanted noise should be less of a problem too. Glad you got it resolved.
Just an FYI: You should make sure you have inline fuses very close to the battery. If you rely only on fuses close to the radio, you end up with a good length of unprotected wire that has the potential to be shorted out. If that happens, at the very least you'll have melted wires. A vehicle fire or worse on the other end of the spectrum. Given the amount of current a car battery can deliver, this isn't an area the you want to take short cuts.